Author Topic: I'd Like To Buy A C1000 But  (Read 3704 times)

Henri

• View Profile
I'd Like To Buy A C1000 But
« on: August 31, 2008, 04:11:28 am »
Hi,

I'm French and very interested in Zaurus. I've seen some models on internet, and it seems C1000 is almost good.

Is it easy to type on the keyboard ? I would like like to buy it for this, with word processor.

Do you think Zaurus computers are always good computers nowadays, in front of Ipod Touch etc ?  If the Zaurus is out of order one day, will I be  able to find pieces easily for it ?

Thank you really much

Cordially

John Galt

• View Profile
I'd Like To Buy A C1000 But
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 01:17:08 pm »
Hello Henri,

Long ago I bought the SL C3000 (similar to the SL C3100 in that it has a hard drive). I used to have similar devices before that, largely operating on Windows CE. I found the SL C3000 (and from the looks of it, the SL C1000 would be the same), a little difficult to type compared to the HP Jornada 720 I have. However, it isn't impossible to type and actually become quite good at it. You just develop different habits of typing.

The Zaurus used to be at the top of the line, as far as I am concerned and cannot really be compared to Apple's Touch. If you're worried about typing on the Zaurus, I think it will be more difficult with the Touch.

I still have the Zaurus and carry it with me to work and use it both to type quick notes and also as a music player. But, I have recently bought an EEE PC (701 4GB) that is larger than the Zaurus or iTouch with a keyboard that's about 75% of an actual keyboard, making the typing quite easy. You may want to have a look at that as well as it seems these "netbooks" as they call them are in the forefront of mobile computing.

Regards,

Nicolas

Quote from: Henri
Hi,

I'm French and very interested in Zaurus. I've seen some models on internet, and it seems C1000 is almost good.

Is it easy to type on the keyboard ? I would like like to buy it for this, with word processor.

Do you think Zaurus computers are always good computers nowadays, in front of Ipod Touch etc ?  If the Zaurus is out of order one day, will I be  able to find pieces easily for it ?

Thank you really much

Cordially
Zaurus SL-C3000 with pdaXii13
4GB CF, 4GB SD, AmbiCom CF Wireless card