Author Topic: SL-C860 running Cacko - how to reset to defaults  (Read 3043 times)

bobo12345

• View Profile
SL-C860 running Cacko - how to reset to defaults
« on: June 02, 2019, 08:49:52 pm »
I just turned on my SL-C860 for the first time since 2007 and it still runs fine.

It's running Cacko ROM.

How to reset to factory defaults so I can sell it?

Thanks!

Varti

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 03:25:55 am »
Quote from: bobo12345
I just turned on my SL-C860 for the first time since 2007 and it still runs fine.

It's running Cacko ROM.

Thanks!
Hi and welcome back bobo, judging from your join date you're one of the oldest users here on the forum
Both the Sharp ROM and Cacko have a restore backup function, but it only works if you have previously done a backup yourself. Failing that, the easiest way would be to do a full NAND restore. Trisoft still has NAND backups for all the Zaurus models, including the SL-C860: http://www.trisoft.de/en_c860howto.htm. These are backups of the english version of the Sharp ROM. Note that, from what I have seen, the NAND backup tool can only recognize older SD card up to 2GB of size, and the Cacko installer supports only up to 1GB cards. Bigger CF cards might work, though.

Varti
Planet Gemini PDA WiFi/LTE with Mediatek x27
SL-C1000 running Arch Linux ARM May2017, K30225 Wi-Fi CF Card, 64GB SDXC card
and many other Zauruses!

bobo12345

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 06:44:31 pm »
Quote from: Varti
Quote from: bobo12345

It's running Cacko ROM.

Thanks!
Hi and welcome back bobo, judging from your join date you're one of the oldest users here on the forum
Both the Sharp ROM and Cacko have a restore backup function, but it only works if you have previously done a backup yourself. Failing that, the easiest way would be to do a full NAND restore. Trisoft still has NAND backups for all the Zaurus models, including the SL-C860: http://www.trisoft.de/en_c860howto.htm. These are backups of the english version of the Sharp ROM. Note that, from what I have seen, the NAND backup tool can only recognize older SD card up to 2GB of size, and the Cacko installer supports only up to 1GB cards. Bigger CF cards might work, though.

Varti

Thank you!!

Installed that Nand backup from the link you gave me using the flash after boot method. All works. Much appreciated.

Now to find a buyer
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 06:45:38 pm by bobo12345 »