Author Topic: Topjoy falcon  (Read 4199 times)

speculatrix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Topjoy falcon
« on: October 15, 2018, 12:14:49 pm »
https://www.cnx-software.com/2018/10/15/top...dows-10-ubuntu/

'''
Intel Pentium Silver N5000 CPU
8G RAM
256G SSD disk
1920*1200 FHD IPS touch screen
6000 mAh battery for up to 8 hours working time
1 x USB A 3.0, 1 x USB Type-C
1 x 3.5mm headphone jack
1 x Mini HDMI port
Active cooling
802.11ac WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0
Backlit keyboard
Windows 10 Home
Weight 550g (1lb 3oz)
Fits easily in your pocket'''

'It will soon be available on Kickstarter with an early bird price of $399 and an expected retail price of $699.'
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 12:15:34 pm by speculatrix »
Gemini 4G/Wi-Fi owner, formerly zaurus C3100 and 860 owner; also owner of an HTC Doubleshot, a Zaurus-like phone.

frnzndr

• View Profile
Topjoy falcon
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 09:52:10 am »
Looking forward to this one (and the One Mix 2 Yoga)!

I had been hoping the Gemini PDA could become my go-to-travel computer, but I haven't been able to get Linux working painlessly enough (stuck on Debian stretch atm, so can't get most recent packages for texlive, usability issues with i3 window manager, missing F-keys). One thing I particularly found to be unfortunate in the Gemini is that xrandr cannot be used to control a virtual screen, so I haven't been able to get a secondary screen connected via VNC. For many people that might not be a major concern, but since I intend to travel with an 7.8 or 10 inch Android e-Reader anyway, it would make lots of sense to be able to use one of these as an extended screen when working from a hotel room - with these small screens the extra space makes a lot of difference. In the Gemini PDA, the graphics driver (hwcomposer) doesn't seem to provide the ability to use an extra screen (at least I haven't found out how to do it).

With either the Falcon or the One Mix 2, this shouldn't be an issue as they use standard intel graphics. Will be a bit heavier/bulkier, but also more versatile.