Author Topic: SFOS 3.1 does not detect external camera  (Read 2895 times)

Roger

• View Profile
SFOS 3.1 does not detect external camera
« on: September 06, 2019, 11:50:02 am »
I recently purchased the official Sailfish 3.1 release and installation went great! So far I've encountered two bugs: 1) the external camera module is not detected by the stock camera app. Has anyone else encountered this error or know how to fix it? 2) I was previously running the gemini 8.1 release, and my serial number was set to 0123456789ABCDEF; that seems to have persisted over to my Sailfish install. I also do not see an IMEI listed, which makes me worry that it won't be useful as a phone.

aspergerguy

• View Profile
Re: SFOS 3.1 does not detect external camera
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2020, 01:30:41 pm »
Can confirm that whereas main (optional rear camera) can be selected on Android upon dual boot Gemini PDA only front camera works with no UI icon to select main (rear) on Sailfish 3.1.0.11; however MiracuCam from Jolla Store works with main but not front one. Incidentally removing and re-installing jolla-camera, jolla-camera-settings and jolla-camera-lockscreen made no difference to outcome.

Have subsequently updated to 3.3.0.16 (Rokua) dual boot Android/Sailfish Gemini and serial number has remained YGEMINI4G********* all along and correct IMEI shown.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 01:38:44 pm by aspergerguy »