Author Topic: 1.1.0beta1: That Mysterious Charge Led  (Read 1730 times)

rrnwexec

• View Profile
    • http://
1.1.0beta1: That Mysterious Charge Led
« on: April 04, 2006, 04:53:47 pm »
I discovered a new behaviour on pdaXrom 1.1.0beta1 today on 6000 (Tosa):

This is the old (known) part: When pdaXrom is installed the LED charging indicator will not go off unless the until is powered on. Annoying.

This is the new part: When the same conditions as above exist, except that there is no SD card present, the LED charging indicator will behave as it should, both when the 6000 is on and off.

I'm not sure whether this information is useful to the pdaXrom developers, or to other users, but I just had to get that out... Perhaps the charging LED bug is somehow related to the SD card driver?

Cheers,
Randall.
--
6000, 5600, 5500, 1000
pdaXrom, OZ/GPE, OZ/Opie, Sharp ROM
Too many gadgets to mention

karlto

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 07:00:39 pm »
I've never noticed this peculiarity before, since I normally charge it in the cradle and leave it turned on.

The apm stuff in the kernel is responsible for setting various edge-detects prior to suspend, which I guess must include AC power detection and some control over the charge LED since they work while suspended. Because the SL6000 is not so common (and I suspect partly because the kernel is an older version), maybe some of these settings are not quite correct (this was the issue with the RTC alarm too).

I can't reproduce the behaviour you describe with the SD card, but I do see different behaviour depending on whether the AC power is removed or not before/during/after suspend. It seems likely that another event (that is enabled during suspend) such as SD card insertion or removal, or power state change, is waking the Zaurus long enough to set the LED before returning to sleep.

Now if only I could be bothered figuring out how to fix it... (is it still the same version kernel in 1.1.0beta1?)
SL6000-L, RC12

rrnwexec

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 07:11:45 pm »
I've never noticed this peculiarity before, since I normally charge it in the cradle and leave it turned on.

The apm stuff in the kernel is responsible for setting various edge-detects prior to suspend, which I guess must include AC power detection and some control over the charge LED since they work while suspended. Because the SL6000 is not so common (and I suspect partly because the kernel is an older version), maybe some of these settings are not quite correct (this was the issue with the RTC alarm too).

I can't reproduce the behaviour you describe with the SD card, but I do see different behaviour depending on whether the AC power is removed or not before/during/after suspend. It seems likely that another event (that is enabled during suspend) such as SD card insertion or removal, or power state change, is waking the Zaurus long enough to set the LED before returning to sleep.

Now if only I could be bothered figuring out how to fix it... (is it still the same version kernel in 1.1.0beta1?)
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=121804\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Interesting points that you raise. Good to know that it is at least plausible, i.e. I'm not going crazy

A point of clarification: the charge LED always stays on for me when the following is true:
AC adapter connected + SD card inserted + 6000 is suspended or totally off

I believe the kernel has not changed from RC12 to beta1. I previously used RC12 and had the same issue, although didn't verify/notice whether removal of SD had any effect at that time.

Cheers,
Randall
--
6000, 5600, 5500, 1000
pdaXrom, OZ/GPE, OZ/Opie, Sharp ROM
Too many gadgets to mention