Author Topic: Start, restart looping...  (Read 2118 times)

Ifanafi

• View Profile
Start, restart looping...
« on: November 30, 2019, 03:56:45 pm »
IMHO this Cosmo, my device, is a lame, buggy PoShite.

After charging it this morning because the battery bleeds out and dies as if it was beheaded, the dang thing powers on, says 'hello', displays starting up and then shuts itself down as I open the cover.

It seems to not complete booting up.

Opening the cover (the display is blank / DARK / no splash), the device shuts down and repeats the same nonsense.

IF / when it might display the unlock / enter pin keypad (after entering pin) and opening the cover, the PoS reboots and the loopiness begins anew.

Cannot get into it...

My Cosmo is useless.

IMHO, Planet cares naught. They are deluged with support email over the Cosmo's myriad flaws.  to which I added this loopy BS.

Ifanafi

alix

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 04:12:06 am »
Quote from: Ifanafi

After charging it this morning because the battery bleeds out and dies as if it was beheaded, the dang thing powers on, says 'hello', displays starting up and then shuts itself down as I open the cover.

Opening the cover (the display is blank / DARK / no splash), the device shuts down and repeats the same nonsense.

IF / when it might display the unlock / enter pin keypad (after entering pin) and opening the cover, the PoS reboots and the loopiness begins anew.

Cannot get into it...

My Cosmo is useless.

IMHO, Planet cares naught. They are deluged with support email over the Cosmo's myriad flaws.  to which I added this loopy BS.

Ifanafi

I had that too, at the very beginning with the cosmo -- I had to press the grey/silver button on the top, then open the shell and press ESC, then close the shell and press the grey/silver button again, open the shell and press ESC again, and wait more than 10 sec between each actions. If it does not help, try to plug the power supply in the cosmo at the USB-C below the finger print sensor (at the opposite of the camera lenses) and repeat the steps.

Lot of users are frustrated with the cosmo at this time, and I am one of them -- I can not use it because when I am calling someone, the person does not hear me. However, keep in mind that we are in an early stage, and that bug should be fixed in the coming weeks and months.

TauPan

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2019, 01:43:33 pm »
Quote from: alix
Quote from: Ifanafi

Cannot get into it...

My Cosmo is useless.
Ifanafi

I had that too, at the very beginning with the cosmo -- I had to press the grey/silver button on the top, then open the shell and press ESC, then close the shell and press the grey/silver button again, open the shell and press ESC again, and wait more than 10 sec between each actions. If it does not help, try to plug the power supply in the cosmo at the USB-C below the finger print sensor (at the opposite of the camera lenses) and repeat the steps.

I have that since this afternoon. Can you elaborate the exact sequence, and if this problem has been fixed for you?

Is it

- press  silver button
 - wait  more than 10 seconds
 -  open display
 - press esc
 - close display
  - repeat sequence

Or do you just have to wait between each press + close/open pair? After  pressing or after  opening / closing.

And where did you get that information?