Author Topic: Got LXDE worked.  (Read 3530 times)

cain2pang

• View Profile
Got LXDE worked.
« on: March 01, 2020, 08:08:38 am »
The kernel is 5.4.23, the roots is the latest Arch Linux arm rootfs, it has a 512M swapfile(seems too big).
The pacman works well, I had done a full system update, and installed many packages.
I added IgnorePkg = linux in /etc/pacman.conf to avoid kernel updating.

The attempt to compile kexecboot failed, I still use Kexecboot 3.10 ALARMZ provided by greguu, the Kexecboot 4.14.18 Voidz doesn't work on my Zaurus, I don't know why.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 08:27:40 am by cain2pang »
Sharp Zaurus C3100 (Borzoi) running Arch Linux ARM.
GPD MicroPC running Manjaro XFCE.

Varti

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Got LXDE worked.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 11:01:04 am »
Impressive. How's the overall speed? Were all the dependencies available, or did you need to crosscompile one or more packages? Did you try any program with a GUI?

Varti
Planet Gemini PDA WiFi/LTE with Mediatek x27
SL-C1000 running Arch Linux ARM May2017, K30225 Wi-Fi CF Card, 64GB SDXC card
and many other Zauruses!

cain2pang

• View Profile
Got LXDE worked.
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2020, 09:17:16 pm »
Quote from: Varti
Impressive. How's the overall speed? Were all the dependencies available, or did you need to crosscompile one or more packages? Did you try any program with a GUI?

Varti
All the dependencies are installed by pacman, the X is very slow so it's just for fun.

greguu

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://github.com/greguu
Got LXDE worked.
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2020, 03:15:40 am »
Quote from: cain2pang

Varti
All the dependencies are installed by pacman, the X is very slow so it's just for fun.
Good stuff cain2pang,

I had no time to continue on the kernel since 5.0
Did you need to patch the 5.4.23 kernel other than using the patches from the 5.0.0 release of the voidz kernel (https://github.com/greguu/voidz-packages/tree/voidz-packages-v03-(build8)/srcpkgs/linux5.0-zaurus) ?
If yes, please let us know what needed patching.
Thanks,
Greguu
Gemini-PDA (Sailfish X and Android) / LG Nexus 5 (Android 11) / Nokia N9 (MeeGo/Harmattan)
Sharp Zaurus C3100 (Borzoi) - Void Linux (voidz) Kernel 5.0.0 - Hardware (Buffalo CF LAN, DLink 660 CF WiFi, ASIX AX88772 USB Ethernet)

cain2pang

• View Profile
Got LXDE worked.
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2020, 02:55:11 am »
Quote from: greguu

Varti
Good stuff cain2pang,

Did you need to patch the 5.4.23 kernel other than using the patches from the 5.0.0 release of the voidz kernel (https://github.com/greguu/voidz-packages/tree/voidz-packages-v03-(build8)/srcpkgs/linux5.0-zaurus) ?
Thanks,
Greguu
I just used the patches from the 5.0.0 releases of voidz kernel, it seems work well with kernel 5.4.23.

greguu

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://github.com/greguu
Got LXDE worked.
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2020, 03:01:12 am »

Varti
Good stuff cain2pang,

Thanks,
Greguu
I just used the patches from the 5.0.0 releases of voidz kernel, it seems work well with kernel 5.4.23.

Ok, great to know. WiFi, SD, Audio working ?
What kexecboot version are you using by the way ?
Gemini-PDA (Sailfish X and Android) / LG Nexus 5 (Android 11) / Nokia N9 (MeeGo/Harmattan)
Sharp Zaurus C3100 (Borzoi) - Void Linux (voidz) Kernel 5.0.0 - Hardware (Buffalo CF LAN, DLink 660 CF WiFi, ASIX AX88772 USB Ethernet)

cain2pang

• View Profile
Got LXDE worked.
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2020, 05:57:14 am »
Ok, great to know. WiFi, SD, Audio working ?
What kexecboot version are you using by the way ?

Yes, they are all working well.
I build kexecboot with the same version kernel 5.4.23 by removing lots of things.

Varti

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Got LXDE worked.
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2020, 06:29:13 am »
It would be great to have both the new kernel and kexecboot available, I'd like to give them a try to see if they work on my C1000

Varti
Planet Gemini PDA WiFi/LTE with Mediatek x27
SL-C1000 running Arch Linux ARM May2017, K30225 Wi-Fi CF Card, 64GB SDXC card
and many other Zauruses!