Author Topic: Audio Issues: Possible Fix  (Read 1465 times)

Summer_Moon

• View Profile
Audio Issues: Possible Fix
« on: June 27, 2023, 11:16:17 am »
I have read lots of posts that there are audio issues with the Astro Slide. Mine also has the noise (there are two different noises a soft hiss/crackle and then a much louder popping that is repeated). For the popping noise, people had noticed that it stops if you turn off the screen or if you just have it on the lock screen. I think I have found the culprit behind the popping noise - the NFC.

I turned off NFC and the noise is gone, even while using the phone and having audio playing in the background. If I turn NFC on, the popping comes right back. For the Hissing noise I have not figured out what that is about, but it is much quieter than the popping which was driving me insane.

ZimbiX

• View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/ZimbiX
Re: Audio Issues: Possible Fix
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2023, 12:56:33 pm »
Good find! I've just tested it myself, and you're right - disabling NFC eliminates almost all of the noise! The remaining noise is almost tolerable. And putting the phone in airplane mode and sleep avoids most of what remains.

I'm used to using my DAC adapter now, so I think I'll stick to that. But this workaround is very interesting. Thanks for the tip.