Author Topic: Looking For A Gaming Console  (Read 425469 times)

Chero

• View Profile
    • http://users.telenet.be/zaurususer/Chero
Looking For A Gaming Console
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2007, 12:26:56 pm »
Quote from: Capn_Fish
Hope we're not hijacking this thread too much.

never mind, it's about games ...
HP-95LX -> HP Jornada 680 -> SL-C860 -> SL-C3100 -> Fuji u810 -> SL-C1000 -> HTC uni -> SL-C860 -> SL-C760.
March 12 2009 : Back because the Zaurus is one of a kind.
SL-C760 : pdaXrom
Pandora pre-ordered -> received and tested : great device but not my cup of tea -> sold.

snk4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2007, 03:08:18 am »
If you're not going to hack the PSP, then don't buy a PSP. A hacked PSP is a wonderful device but if you're not willing to hack it, get them a DS.
I owned both machines, I sold the PSP mainly because of the remanence of the screen.
I'd like to buy the new version someday (I heard the screen is better) beacause with a psp you emulate almost all gaming machines from the 8-16 bits area + the PSone and GBA.

The DS has just so many great games made for the DS and not emulated (and more are coming) that I would recommend this console if you're not interested in emulators of the PSP.

Chero

• View Profile
    • http://users.telenet.be/zaurususer/Chero
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2007, 09:54:30 am »
Quote from: snk4ever
If you're not going to hack the PSP, then don't buy a PSP. A hacked PSP is a wonderful device but if you're not willing to hack it, get them a DS.
I owned both machines, I sold the PSP mainly because of the remanence of the screen.
I'd like to buy the new version someday (I heard the screen is better) beacause with a psp you emulate almost all gaming machines from the 8-16 bits area + the PSone and GBA.

The DS has just so many great games made for the DS and not emulated (and more are coming) that I would recommend this console if you're not interested in emulators of the PSP.

I already thought about going for the DS given the age of my kids.

If my son would have been about 12, I'd have given him this :
gp2x-f200/

Chero.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 09:56:10 am by Chero »
HP-95LX -> HP Jornada 680 -> SL-C860 -> SL-C3100 -> Fuji u810 -> SL-C1000 -> HTC uni -> SL-C860 -> SL-C760.
March 12 2009 : Back because the Zaurus is one of a kind.
SL-C760 : pdaXrom
Pandora pre-ordered -> received and tested : great device but not my cup of tea -> sold.

bluedevils

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2007, 05:07:11 pm »
My son is 5.  He has cousins 8, 10, 16 and 18 and they all like the DS and the Wii.  The nintendos are more family oriented, yet they still appeal to teenage boys as well.  I also have the ps3 and ps2 which are definetly for teenage boys (just like the xbox), but the appeal is narrower and can be more adult oriented.  The picture on a ps3 is very nice with the added feature of bluray (if that's what you like/want).  I've read a psp can control the ps3 remotely through the internet.
I'm now an iphone user and use my zaurii as serial terminals, perl and shell scripting and when I need 640x480 screens

sl-c3100/pda cacko 1.23 | sl-6000l/needs battery | sl-c760/server pdaxrom rc12 | Former sl-5500/tkcrom owner (sister's birthday gift)