Author Topic: CoDi resource 1.1.1.14 bug shutdown dialog  (Read 3131 times)

MarcHover

• View Profile
CoDi resource 1.1.1.14 bug shutdown dialog
« on: November 01, 2021, 04:09:53 pm »
Hello, i just got my cosmo 3 days ago but i feel like i allready got in a lot of truble with it. When i received it i checked for updates without thinking twice and tryed to update CoDi which failed, then i updated the Android os which went surprisingly hastle free. But CoDi still wasn`t working. After a lot of try and error i figured that puting the files in the "root" of the internal drive was the key for the updater not to crash.
But i noticed a strange behavior, when ever i opend the lid the shutdown dialog appeared. The one with "Reboot", "Shutdown" and "Screenshot" in it. And after some more tinkering i found out that it has to do something whit the CoDi. As soon as i turned CoDi off in the shortcut menu, i could open the lid without the shoutdown dialog appearing. To be sure i tested it quite a while and it was allways like this.
And so i began to test if it had something to do with the firmware of CoDi.
I tried the firmwares 1.1.1.14, the 1.1.1.15 and the 1.1.1.16 which all relay on the 1.1.1.14 recource and allways had the same exact behaviour. I reflasht the 1.1.1.14 resource, still the same.
So i went down to the 1.1.1.13 resource and firmeware and now the issue is gone.
But i askmyself, am i the only one with that issue, or has everybody else given up on CoDi by now and has it turned off all the time?

MarcHover

• View Profile
Re: CoDi resource 1.1.1.14 bug shutdown dialog
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2021, 04:27:53 am »
After 2 days of all being good on the CoDi side the issue stardet again under 1.1.1.13. The only solution ist to shut down the CoDi from the qick settings. Has realy no one else this problem?

jakfish

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2021, 05:48:19 pm »
I am very sorry hear of your troubles, but I imagine you are not alone, despite the lack of posts to your thread.

CoDi is junk, it always has been. It won't list all your contacts, it's a battery drain, it will inadvertently mute you with the wrong press of your cheek, I could go on and on, and when you look through the other threads of complaints, you'll see a plethora of weirdness that CoDi visits on its users, and everybody seems to have a different problem.

It's not a coincidence that Planet moved far away from CoDi wiith the upcoming Astro.

I now use my Cosmo as a Linux-only laptop and the first thing I did was disable CoDi.

Planet has made interesting devices, but like other niche companies, they have to sort out the issues afterward not before, which is a drag for users, and they never truly sorted out CoDi.

I hope you can find pleasure in the Cosmo despite CoDi's failures, since the phone does have unique qualities.

Jake

MonkeyControl

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2021, 03:45:58 am »
Sad to hear about your troubles with your shiny new Cosmo.  I haven't seen your particular issue myself with my Cosmo, and sniffing around on this forum it would appear that you may have found a new 'feature' on the CoDi. 
Could it be a sticky key activating the shutdown function when you close the lid?  Maybe I'm just grasping at straws. 
I agree totally with Jakfish summary, the CoDi is an 'entertaining' element.  I still think the Cosmo is a fantastic device.  The keyboard is a joy to use, having a choice of OS, (I use Ubuntu Touch, Debian is another great option), is a breath of fresh air, and it's such a super little phone/pda.  There's really nothing quite like it. 
I hope you enjoy your little Cosmo as much as I enjoy mine. 
Maybe a little email at Planet support may help bring a solution to you.  hello@planetcom.co.uk

MarcHover

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2021, 11:22:18 am »
Thanks for the answers, i took the advise and wrote an eMail to Planet. In the meantime i discovert a conaction with the keyboard backligt. If the Keyboard backlight isn't on the CoDi provokes the Shutdown dialog when ever i open the devise. When the Keyboard backlight is on CoDi never provokes the shutdown dialoge. When the device ist open and CoDi enabled switching the Keyboard backligt off triggers the shutdown dialog too.

MarcHover

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2021, 04:17:35 am »
Hello, i never heard back from Planet, but i have figured out that it was a "feature" the preowner "installed".
I had problems with the right USB too, so i checked the doughter board on the right an shure enough there was some light signs of corosion from maybe a little liquid, so i cleand the board and now the CoDi issue and the USB issue are gone.