Author Topic: Cosmo batteries  (Read 8406 times)

Zarhan

• View Profile
Cosmo batteries
« on: October 23, 2022, 03:34:56 pm »
Hi,

my Cosmo's battery is starting to be very degraded - I can get maybe 30 minutes of active usage out of it after disconnecting from charger.

There doesn't seem to be any place left that would sell SXX600 batteries anymore.

I was thinking about sending this to Planet for CoDI repairs and battery replacement after getting the Astro, but since that has been so ridiculously delayed and knowing Planet's service response times, I'd rather not part with my daily driver.

Anyway, any idea where one could still source an SXX600 battery? I use a power bank for now and can probably live with it if I get Astro at some point "soon" (contribution has been locked since August...), but it would still be nice to get a fresh battery ASAP.

I heard a rumor that Planet has a small stockpile of these, so if all else fails I guess I have to send it to them in the end if no other alternative exists...

cam1965

• View Profile
    • http://
Re: Cosmo batteries
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2022, 05:50:32 pm »
I am with the same problem. Looked for in the net but not found a supplier.

jakfish

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2022, 01:26:05 pm »
Yeah, same here. I've looked everywhere and constantly.

Jake

cam1965

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2022, 12:19:04 pm »
Answer from Planet :
Customer Care (Planet Computers)

Nov 2, 2022, 12:30 GMT+1

Dear Evandro,

We do not currently know of any suppliers who have the same battery, unfortunately.
Feel free to let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Kind regards,
Customer Care Team

Zarhan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2022, 05:19:10 pm »
We do not currently know of any suppliers who have the same battery, unfortunately.

Did that message imply that Planet also does not have any more batteries left?

Robsno5

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2023, 06:28:39 pm »
I messaged planet last week on the hello planet email and they replace the battery for £95 plus return P&P , they gave me a job number quote to send it back and full instructions. Sent it off last week and got it back this week with battery replaced. Just so you know.

shuntcap

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2023, 01:48:28 am »

Did that message imply that Planet also does not have any more batteries left?
They have a battery replacement service.  You send in your device and they replace the battery for you, then send it back.  They will NOT ship a battery alone due to government regulations.  It has to be inside a device.

If you come across a Gemini battery for sale, buy it.  The Cosmo battery is exactly the same, just in a metal frame.  If you take the frame off, the battery even says "Gemini" on it.  I bought one off eBay a couple years back and replaced my failing Cosmo's battery with it.  But I haven't seen any Gemini or Cosmo batteries on eBay or anywhere else since then.

Robsno5

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2023, 11:34:57 am »
The other option if you do not want to send it away to planet is to find the pin out for the battery as there are 3.85v batteries where the capacity is similar and the size would allow it to fit. There is an element of risk though as you need to be sure of the pin outs of both connectors and be confident of connecting the original connector and cable on to the new battery correctly. As I had a new battery fitted by planet recently I have no rush but interesting to see if anyone comes up with an alternative.