Author Topic: Screen "flickering" in browsers and under load  (Read 2441 times)

MarcHover

• View Profile
Screen "flickering" in browsers and under load
« on: November 01, 2021, 04:19:31 pm »
Hello, i just recently received my cosmo and noticed a strange behaviour. When i am in a browser, Chrome or Brave to be exact, i often get a screen flickering patern when i change pages, i have the feeling that it has got something to do with the processors load.
Has anyone else expearianced something like this, and who can i get rid of it?

Radovan Garabík

• View Profile
Re: Screen "flickering" in browsers and under load
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2021, 02:24:04 am »
I confirm this behavious, however in my case it is not a screen flickering, but the background picture momentarily appearing when switching apps - I am using the KISS lancher with a black background, but the original picture is still there unchanged.

I guess setting the background  to a completely black PNG would help (but so far I could not have been bothered). Or even this: https://github.com/rocboronat/null-black-wallpaper
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 05:00:30 am by Radovan Garabík »

MarcHover

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2021, 05:20:23 pm »
No i think what i have is a diferent kind of issue, its a patern like effect all over the screen. I found out that turning the "disable HW Overlays" setting in the developer settings on fixes the issue. But i am not satisfied whit this, because firstly it has to be set after every reboot and secontly it drains the battery faster.

csaunders

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2021, 08:20:37 pm »
Yep I get a few vertical bars on the right hand side of the screen. Was worried about lose cables at first but I don't get it very often and haven't seen it in a while.