Author Topic: Disable Power Management In Cacko?  (Read 3811 times)

DaveAnderson

• View Profile
Disable Power Management In Cacko?
« on: March 11, 2005, 10:47:34 am »
Can it be done?  Playing music stops after 30 minutes.

craigtyson

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 01:24:51 pm »
Is a good point I thought it was my dodgy mp3s
Craig
SL-C1000, Angstrom GPE 2007.12r13
Ambicom WL1100C, SanDisk UltraII 1GB SD

Old Faithfull - SL-5500 battery out of the C750 (see below) TKC v1 (New) 1GB SD
Dead - SL-C750, Cacko 1.23 lite (Dropped, very messy!)
Ambicom WL1100C, SanDisk Dead - 1GB SD
Keep your Z on a bungee, you never know.....

stupkid

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 05:25:47 pm »
I just tested this with Kino2 and it Played continuously for 60 minutes without me touching the device.  Are you guys using Kino2?

Zaurus SL-C3200 pdaXii13v2 5.5 / Ambicom WC1100C-CF / Socket Bluetooth Rev G

OpenMoko FreeRunner - Running Tweaked OM2008.x Image

dreadlocks

• View Profile
    • http://zaurus.nayr.net
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2005, 07:40:38 pm »
same problem, I dont use kino2 to play music tho.. I like tkcPlayer..
ive got the blanker script linked to an app key so i can shut off the lcd, wish I knew where the code was for turning off the back light when u hold the menu key, I would like to replace it with the code from blanker to just shutoff the lcd.

One solution I think might work would be to rename the suspend program to suspend1 and link the blanker program to suspend, this might just blank the screen instead of suspending.. I'll give it a try.

*edit*
guess there isint a program 'suspend', odd while you can type suspend into bash when I type 'which suspend' I dont find anything..
« Last Edit: March 11, 2005, 07:45:14 pm by dreadlocks »
RETIRED - Zaurus SL-5600 (and a dead 5000D)
Wapaton 1.6.1 - Personal Watapon Feed
SMC 2642W & Linksys WCF12, Targus Universal IR Keyboard
Sandisk 512mb SD, Lexar 64mb SD, Sharp Camera
Extreme Limit Metal & Leather Suit

craigtyson

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2005, 07:59:46 pm »
Iv had my 750 turn off in Kino2 but not at any set time.  Only happens now and again and Id thought it wuz my mp3s as I said.   Could this be linked to the display blanking now and again which can only be reset by the keyboard (Fn4) key.
Craig

tg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2005, 09:29:33 am »
I have the same problems with 1.22a lite on my 860. TkcPlayer plays perfectly but machine suspends after 30 minutes (don't see any option to set it to longer than that). With kino2 it can play longer but you have many other problems - while it's playing it takes over keyboard from other applications and in general after I run kino2 once the machine seems unstable until the next reboot. I have for now uninstalled kino2 and am hoping Maslovsky will fix it soon (he knows about this problem). I think tkcPlayer actually does the right thing here as in power settings there is no option to run longer than 30 minutes before suspending so tkcPlayer honors that and does not do any tricks to bypass it (as kino2 seems to do).

Stubear

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2005, 10:30:12 am »
ive got the blanker script linked to an app key so i can shut off the lcd, wish I knew where the code was for turning off the back light when u hold the menu key, I would like to replace it with the code from blanker to just shutoff the lcd.

One solution I think might work would be to rename the suspend program to suspend1 and link the blanker program to suspend, this might just blank the screen instead of suspending.. I'll give it a try.

*edit*
guess there isint a program 'suspend', odd while you can type suspend into bash when I type 'which suspend' I dont find anything..
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=70325\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

tkcPlayer has an option for blanking the screen while playing. You don't need to run any other scripts.

Also as long as tkcPlayer has focus when you close the lid it over rides the suspend settings (at least it does for me on my C760). If you use another app and then close the screen (ie tkcPlayer is in the background) then the suspend settings are applied.

tkcPlayer has a bug for some people where it will crash after x number of songs - the suspend will take over then too.

Stu
SL-C1000, Hand converted to English with Japanese Input
Running X apps via X/Qt
iRiver USB host cable; Diatec P-Cord usb power cable (extendable); Acro's Reel Cable USB (A to A, B, Mini-B,  & Mini-B 8pin); GreenHouse 1Gb PicoDrive+; 2x256Mb Hagiwara SD cards; 128Mb Transcend CF card; 512Mb PQI CF card; AmbiCom WL1100C-CF 11B WLAN card

ev1l

• View Profile
    • http://bbshuffle.blogspot.com/
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2005, 11:39:30 am »
The more general problem is that the power-management applet is closed (thanks, Sharp!), and so it's is quite difficult to get replacements going bug-free. Might be an idea to look into alternatives (maybe get a generic one from the upgraded Qtopia source release).
The whole power-management issue is a mess on Sharp ROMs right now. I don't know about OE/OZ ROMs though, they might have a solution we could port over.

JoP

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2005, 01:14:23 pm »
I had the same problem on my 5500 running Hybrid and with any player I tried (TKCPlayer, mplayer, madplay)
Until one day it played forever. Then I discovered I had just uninstalled power-management applet by mistake. Unless it worked for me this way!  
I run Qtopia 1.6.2, so that one doesn't solve the problem of older versions  
C-1000 SHARP Rom jp
Brando Ultra Clear Screen Protector

SL-5500 + SD128 + CF256 + CF32
Cacko ROM with new Cacko kernel 64-0
Python - PyQt

Symbol Spectrum24 WIFI

dreadlocks

• View Profile
    • http://zaurus.nayr.net
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2005, 06:39:50 pm »

*edit*
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=70325\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

tkcPlayer has an option for blanking the screen while playing. You don't need to run any other scripts.

Also as long as tkcPlayer has focus when you close the lid it over rides the suspend settings (at least it does for me on my C760). If you use another app and then close the screen (ie tkcPlayer is in the background) then the suspend settings are applied.

tkcPlayer has a bug for some people where it will crash after x number of songs - the suspend will take over then too.

Stu
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=70376\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

where is the option to blank the screen? i cant find it
RETIRED - Zaurus SL-5600 (and a dead 5000D)
Wapaton 1.6.1 - Personal Watapon Feed
SMC 2642W & Linksys WCF12, Targus Universal IR Keyboard
Sandisk 512mb SD, Lexar 64mb SD, Sharp Camera
Extreme Limit Metal & Leather Suit

craigtyson

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2005, 10:36:59 pm »
Somthing just occured to me.  Usualy when this happens its shortly after I have rebooted the Z.  After a while I get round to setting up the power settings using the GUI and things seem to settle down.
Craig

Stubear

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2005, 02:33:55 am »
where is the option to blank the screen? i cant find it
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=70406\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Ahh, sorry just noticed that you are using 5500, on the Cxx0 devices there are 2 options on the setup tab of Options (Playlist Tab, Mouse icon, Options)

"Backlight Off" and "Display Off", but my manual says that "Display Off" is only for C7xx devices  

Sorry to have mislead you

Stu
SL-C1000, Hand converted to English with Japanese Input
Running X apps via X/Qt
iRiver USB host cable; Diatec P-Cord usb power cable (extendable); Acro's Reel Cable USB (A to A, B, Mini-B,  & Mini-B 8pin); GreenHouse 1Gb PicoDrive+; 2x256Mb Hagiwara SD cards; 128Mb Transcend CF card; 512Mb PQI CF card; AmbiCom WL1100C-CF 11B WLAN card