Author Topic: Remove Cpu/mem Applet In Pdaxii13?  (Read 2370 times)

neuroshock

• View Profile
    • http://
Remove Cpu/mem Applet In Pdaxii13?
« on: April 14, 2007, 07:37:47 pm »
Alright,

I'm sure this has a simple silly answer but I haven't found it through searching the forums here or poking around for hours so....

How do I delete the cpu/mem applet(s) from the pdaxii13 taskbar (using Rox if that makes a diff)?

It seems simple enough to ADD applets, ironically that simplicity is why I now need to DELETE the applets as my friend thoughtfully put two extra identical cpu/mem monitor applets up there while fiddling around so now I have THREE running simultaneously.  It's intuitive enough to add applets, I would think it would be as easy to delete them, but it's evading me.

Thanks in advance.

-NeuroShock
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 09:47:01 pm by neuroshock »
[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']SL-6000L & C3100.[/span]

ZDevil

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 07:42:53 pm »
If you know how to ADD, you should also see how to REMOVE:
right click (Fn + tap) the taskbar, choose Remove, then pick the item.
Although i am not using pdaXii, but i suppose it is just the same method. Or am i wrong here?

Life is too precious for hacking *too much*
Visit my Z screencap gallery[/color]
My EeePC 701 Black = Debian (Lenny) on IceRocks + Transcend SDHC Class6 8GB + 2GB RAM
My Zaurus SL-C3200 = Debian EABI (kernel 2.6.24.3-yonggun) on a swapped internal Sandisk Extreme III CF 16gb
My Debian EABI feed: http://matrixmen.free.fr/zaurus/debian/
My OpenBSD/Zaurus feeds:  Link1, Link2
[/i][/font][/color][/size]

neuroshock

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 09:44:41 pm »
If you know how to ADD, you should also see how to REMOVE:
right click (Fn + tap) the taskbar, choose Remove, then pick the item.
Although i am not using pdaXii, but i suppose it is just the same method. Or am i wrong here?
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=158865\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

That's not how they were added originally, we simply clicked the "x (start)" button, selected Utilities, then Panel, then Cpu/mem Monitor from the list and it added it to the bar.  I'm going now to try the remove method you descibed, hopefully it will work!

I was sure it was something simple like that, just couldn't figure out for the life of me what it was. I really need to track down the comprehensive documentation for pdaXrom/pdaxii13. I know it must exist, I just need to find it

THANK YOU ZDevil for your quick and kindly response, I shall try to struggle to be as apt of a pupil as you are an instructor!

Thanks again,

-NeuroShock

UPDATE:

Yup, Worked perfectly just as you described. Thank you for your quick concise reply! I fixed my problem AND learned the PROPER way to add as well as remove applets.  
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 09:50:22 pm by neuroshock »

Jon_J

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 10:49:50 pm »
Tap and hold always worked for me to get the dialog in matchbox on pdaxii13.

This is the first time I have heard of, or tried right click on the taskbar.
Fn+tap or right click with a mouse, (I plugged in a mouse to try this, to be sure my "Fn" key wasn't borky), makes the pointer disappear and gets no response from the taskbar.
Clicking the stylus again makes the pointer re-appear.
Also, I just now noticed, if you tap anywhere on the desktop, and then press and hold "Fn" the pointer will disappear.
The last statement has nothing to do with the taskbar, but it is something I have just discovered.

EDIT:
nevermind about the pointer disappearing after holding the "Fn" key, it disappears after a certain amount of time anyway...  

Enclosed screenshot is showing tap and hold on the taskbar.

Jon
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 11:00:24 pm by Jon_J »
C3100 Multiboot-->Angstrom 2007.12-r18 | Cacko 1.23 | ArchLinuxARM
C3200 pdaxii13v2-5.5-alpha4 Akita on NAND

Ambicom WL1100C-CF Wifi - Ambicom CF modem - Ambicom CF GPS - Belkin-F5D5050 USB LAN
Socket CF Bluetooth rev K - Iogear 4 port USB micro hub - pocket CF card reader
Targus mini USB optical mouse - 2 Targus SD card readers

neuroshock

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 03:53:31 pm »
Tap and hold always worked for me to get the dialog in matchbox on pdaxii13.

This is the first time I have heard of, or tried right click on the taskbar.
Fn+tap or right click with a mouse, (I plugged in a mouse to try this, to be sure my "Fn" key wasn't borky), makes the pointer disappear and gets no response from the taskbar.
Clicking the stylus again makes the pointer re-appear.
Also, I just now noticed, if you tap anywhere on the desktop, and then press and hold "Fn" the pointer will disappear.
The last statement has nothing to do with the taskbar, but it is something I have just discovered.

EDIT:
nevermind about the pointer disappearing after holding the "Fn" key, it disappears after a certain amount of time anyway...   

Enclosed screenshot is showing tap and hold on the taskbar.

Jon
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=158872\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

JonJ

The reason your Z behaves differently for emulating right clicks is because you have different settings selected in your Input Setup. If you click on "X" then "System Utilities" then "Input Setup" you can choose one of two methods for emulating right mouse clicks with the screen pointer. The first is to check the box and then it will behave as yours does (press and hold), OR you can select a key to hold while you click.  
I still have mine set up as the default which is as described by Zdevil in his post above. (I'm using hdimage-full5.3.5)  I'm not sure if you have changed the setting sometime in the past or if maybe an older version of it had a different default setting.

=)  Hope that helps explain it!

-NeuroShock

Jon_J

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 04:03:49 pm »
I have Fn selected in the input settings app. (I don't have the "press & hold for right click" box checked)
I use Fn+tap for right click everywhere, except the taskbar.
I don't know why mine is different, but my taskbar requires to click and hold the stylus to open it's options.
I do have "Sticky keys" disabled in the pdaxii13 config app. I don't know if this is affecting on my taskbar, but I disabled "Sticky keys" because I was always getting an unwanted character typed into my console or text editor, just after using my "Fn" key for right click operations.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 04:08:55 pm by Jon_J »
C3100 Multiboot-->Angstrom 2007.12-r18 | Cacko 1.23 | ArchLinuxARM
C3200 pdaxii13v2-5.5-alpha4 Akita on NAND

Ambicom WL1100C-CF Wifi - Ambicom CF modem - Ambicom CF GPS - Belkin-F5D5050 USB LAN
Socket CF Bluetooth rev K - Iogear 4 port USB micro hub - pocket CF card reader
Targus mini USB optical mouse - 2 Targus SD card readers