Author Topic: Moto Mod Keyboard  (Read 4600 times)

speculatrix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Moto Mod Keyboard
« on: May 07, 2017, 04:26:43 pm »
I think this is an interesting accessory for a Moto Z series of phones, where you have the "moto mod" connector
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/keyboard...-z/x/13845362#/

The main advantage is that the accessory might outlive a couple of generations of phone. There's good evidence that Lenovo are going to continue to make phones with moto mod capability.
Gemini 4G/Wi-Fi owner, formerly zaurus C3100 and 860 owner; also owner of an HTC Doubleshot, a Zaurus-like phone.

Varti

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Moto Mod Keyboard
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 05:03:15 am »
An interesting solution, though Lenovo will have to use for their next models exactly the same form factor as well so that this add-on will remain compatible.

Varti
Planet Gemini PDA WiFi/LTE with Mediatek x27
SL-C1000 running Arch Linux ARM May2017, K30225 Wi-Fi CF Card, 64GB SDXC card
and many other Zauruses!

speculatrix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Moto Mod Keyboard
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 03:34:49 am »
the Moto Mod keyboard thing is now an official Moto Mod

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/keyboard...to-z/x/13845362

"Our product, Livermorium Slider Keyboard, was officially announced by Lenovo/Moto at CES today! We are now one of the Official Moto Mods products"
Gemini 4G/Wi-Fi owner, formerly zaurus C3100 and 860 owner; also owner of an HTC Doubleshot, a Zaurus-like phone.

Alius

• View Profile
Moto Mod Keyboard
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 09:43:44 am »
The layout seems pretty good, but I have to wonder how comfortable it would be to use.  Seems rather top heavy.  My last slider (Samsung Captivate Glide) had a lot more of the weight - including the battery - in the bottom half where the keyboard is.  That's not physically possible with an add-on (unless it also served as a supplementary battery, i suppose).  Great for them it's got official backing though!