Author Topic: How do I restore a kopi(1.7.0b) .ics file  (Read 1717 times)

dahukanna

• View Profile
How do I restore a kopi(1.7.0b) .ics file
« on: July 09, 2004, 12:36:33 pm »
Cacko QT 1.2.1b ROM -
My Z crashed whilst I was playing MP3 using the music player. I had KOPI open when it crashed and gave me blank white screen. I  rebooted and when I restarted KOPI and now I get an error "Couldn't load calendar /home/zaurus/Applications/korganizer/mycalender.ics" . How do I recover the file and/or the data ?
SL-C860|CackoQT 1.2.2 or pdaxrom 1.1.0|256CF Maxell|512 SD Lexar|Aircable BT|Piel Frama Case

ulf1

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2004, 01:22:40 pm »
Cacko QT 1.2.1b ROM -
My Z crashed whilst I was playing MP3 using the music player. I had KOPI open when it crashed and gave me blank white screen. I  rebooted and when I restarted KOPI and now I get an error "Couldn't load calendar /home/zaurus/Applications/korganizer/mycalender.ics" . How do I recover the file and/or the data ?
Hello duhakanna,

you should first check if the file exist at the position
Code: [Select]
/home/zaurus/Applications/korganizer/mycalender.ics which I assume.

Then check with a simple text editor if the file looks correct. Mening that all entries are still conform to the ics spec.
If not, or if the data is lost, you have to apply your last backup.  

best regards,
Ulf
« Last Edit: July 09, 2004, 01:23:39 pm by ulf1 »

dahukanna

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2004, 12:48:58 pm »
Code: [Select]
Then check with a simple text editor if the file looks correct. Mening that all entries are still conform to the ics spec.
If not, or if the data is lost, you have to apply your last backup.

Ulf, I checked and the file was not complete. From the time stamp for the ics entries, it seems it was doing some kind of update. I had to restore the calender from my last backup which was a week old.  

Thanks for the info. D.
SL-C860|CackoQT 1.2.2 or pdaxrom 1.1.0|256CF Maxell|512 SD Lexar|Aircable BT|Piel Frama Case