Author Topic: How Can I Change Resolution In Sharp Netwalker?  (Read 5822 times)

potes

• View Profile
How Can I Change Resolution In Sharp Netwalker?
« on: June 17, 2010, 02:54:26 am »
Hello all,

i'm trying to change the screen resolution to the sharp netwalker to be able to run a program which its maximun resolution is 640*400 in the full screen (Now it run in a window, but is really little). Can anybody help me?

Regards
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 03:15:02 am by potes »

merlin1

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 05:21:54 am »
Quote from: potes
Hello all,

i'm trying to change the screen resolution to the sharp netwalker to be able to run a program which its maximun resolution is 640*400 in the full screen (Now it run in a window, but is really little). Can anybody help me?

Regards
Hello,

did you look in the settings? There may be a Display panel. I don't have my Netwalker anymore (long story...) so can't check. If such a panel is missing, you may have to edit/create xorg.conf accordingly.

I also tried xrandr for some on-the-fly modifications (namely to create a virtual screen with panning) but it wouldn't work. If it did it would be a nice option to quickly change the resolution.

Hope this helps!
"Mommy, what's a signature?"

potes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 10:48:21 am »
In the panel only appear the standart resolution, so i'm not able to changed. With xrandar I don't know which device to put. Also it don't exist xorg.conf, so i'm afraid to put some (i'm newbie).

Quote from: merlin1
Quote from: potes
Hello all,

Regards
Hello,

did you look in the settings? There may be a Display panel. I don't have my Netwalker anymore (long story...) so can't check. If such a panel is missing, you may have to edit/create xorg.conf accordingly.

I also tried xrandr for some on-the-fly modifications (namely to create a virtual screen with panning) but it wouldn't work. If it did it would be a nice option to quickly change the resolution.

Hope this helps!

ptoki

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 02:26:47 pm »
Im afraid it will be hard to achieve full screen vga resolution.
If you start fiddling with X configuration you will be able to make it work in vga resolution but not stretched for sure. I do not know if it will be possible to set display to stretch mode of any kind.

What kind of application is this?

Maybe there is a workaround to make it appear bigger.

You can try to run it in virtual vncserver and connect to it with client which supports resizing. That might work.

potes

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 03:22:59 pm »
I'm executing qemu (to run panzer general).

Regards

Quote from: ptoki
Im afraid it will be hard to achieve full screen vga resolution.
If you start fiddling with X configuration you will be able to make it work in vga resolution but not stretched for sure. I do not know if it will be possible to set display to stretch mode of any kind.

What kind of application is this?

Maybe there is a workaround to make it appear bigger.

You can try to run it in virtual vncserver and connect to it with client which supports resizing. That might work.

ptoki

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 03:39:05 am »
Are you using vnc connector to qemu graphics?

If so then try to find vncclient which supports resizing. Im sure that tightvnc under windows does that (just checked). there is source code for linux and probably somewhere you can find compiled version for netwalker.

If not then Maybe someone will compile it for us all

Sleep_Walker

• View Profile
    • http://sleepwalker.hackndev.com
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 09:47:40 am »

We should definitely have our repository... Anyone has Debian packaging abilities?
Palm Tungsten|T3 -->  Palm Treo 680 && Palm Treo 650 && Palm LifeFlash && Palm TX && Freerunner && Palm Tungsten|T && Palm III && Palm Treo 755p && SHARP PC-Z1 Netwalker - http://hackndev.com

potes

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 04:54:38 pm »
Im running qemu directly from a terminal, im not using any vnc cklient to connect to the virtual machine.

Are you using vnc connector to qemu graphics?

If so then try to find vncclient which supports resizing. Im sure that tightvnc under windows does that (just checked). there is source code for linux and probably somewhere you can find compiled version for netwalker.