Author Topic: Screen Hinge Tightness RESOLVED  (Read 12762 times)

speculatrix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Screen Hinge Tightness RESOLVED
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2018, 05:03:00 pm »
Quote from: jakfish
As you can see,  the black duct tape covers the wire that lies in the groove of the hinge on the machine's bottom.

thanks. that's interesting that it works well for you.
Gemini 4G/Wi-Fi owner, formerly zaurus C3100 and 860 owner; also owner of an HTC Doubleshot, a Zaurus-like phone.

Calamityspice

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2018, 10:31:49 pm »
I have a better solution to the coat hanger thing.

Get some galvanised gardening wire, thick wire lock wire or similar. Thinner gauge than coat hanger wire anyway. Cut to length & press into the hinge gap on the bottom of the Gemini.

Make sure you spend some time to make the wire as straight as possible otherwise it makes crunching noises when shutting the device.

No duct tape required.

My screen is rock solid now & you can't even see the modification.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 10:42:57 pm by Calamityspice »

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2018, 06:07:24 am »
tried that  mine just keeps popping off. It has now gotten to the point that the metal pins for the screen have broken the plastic that held them in place due to the plastic not being able to handle the weight. So make sure you leave that metal hinge on your Gemini or yours will become like mine. https://imgur.com/a/WoB6I8F

jakfish

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2018, 10:06:28 am »
If possible, try my workaround with length of coat hanger wire and black duct tape. But from your pictures, I can't tell if the current hinge damage will allow this kind of fix.

At any rate, it's non-invasive; it can't hurt.

Good luck,
Jake