Author Topic: QD1.7/RH9 can\'t see 5500/OZ3.3.5 (WiFi)  (Read 1295 times)

tawalker

• View Profile
    • http://
QD1.7/RH9 can\'t see 5500/OZ3.3.5 (WiFi)
« on: March 22, 2004, 04:32:53 am »
I\'ve found plenty of Qtopia Desktop connection woes on this forum, but none of them quite match my particular setup, so here goes:

I have a Red Hat 9 box, on which I\'ve installed Qtopia Desktop 1.7 (see previous post, where I couldn\'t find the installed program :oops: ). My 5500 is running OpenZaurus 3.3.5, and it connects to my home LAN via WiFi.

When the Zaurus is connected, I can ping the Zaurus from the PC, ssh to the PC from the Z, and so on. However, I can\'t get QD to link to the Z at all, let alone sync with it.

I\'ve set the IP range in the OZ Security applet to \"192.168.123.0/254\" - this is the IP address range for my LAN, specified by my SMC Barricade router. (The IP address of the RH9 PC is fixed at 192.168.123.103.) I also entered the IP address of the Z (192.168.213.102) correctly in QD.

Do I need to open any holes in the firewall (the usual iptables) on the PC, for QD to work? Alternatively, is there something else I\'m missing?

Any advice much appreciated!

Thanks,
Tim.

P.S. Are there any QD icons/pixmaps which people here use for Linux?
---
Tim Walker - UK
Sharp Zaurus SL-5500 - OZ 3.3.5
"A.N.Other" 128Mb MMC - Buffalo CF WiFi
---

tawalker

• View Profile
    • http://
QD1.7/RH9 can\'t see 5500/OZ3.3.5 (WiFi)
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2004, 06:37:06 am »
The Z is still not connecting to QD on my Linux box, even though (to my mind) there\'s no reason why it shouldn\'t. (Update: I just found the HOWTO on \"Getting OpenZaurus to sync with QT Desktop\", which suggests setting the \"Accept sync from network\" option to \"Any\". I\'ll try this when I get home - wish I\'d found that earlier  )

Another strange thing: I can use SFTP to connect to the Z from the Linux box, but only if I use the command-line client. If I try gFTP (with the SSH2 subsystem), I am asked for the passphrase and password, but even when I enter the correct ones, I am asked for them again.

Is it too much to ask for these things to work first time?

Thanks,
Tim
---
Tim Walker - UK
Sharp Zaurus SL-5500 - OZ 3.3.5
"A.N.Other" 128Mb MMC - Buffalo CF WiFi
---