Author Topic: Poor battery life  (Read 24861 times)

steeph

• View Profile
    • http://
Poor battery life
« Reply #90 on: March 10, 2020, 12:54:57 am »
Quote from: TomJ
The battery life on mine has been reasonable, but today it was running very hot and dropped to 2% in under 6 hours from full (and it was being topped up for half an hour of that by by bike's dynamo, though it was also playing a podcast over bluetooth).  I noticed a notification from Ledison, but tapping it didn't do anything.  When I tried to open Ledison I got an "application is not responding: wait or close?" message.  I rather suspect these might not be unconnected.
Did it get better again after that? Have you inserted a new SD card by any chance? Mine is the only case I know of where that happened. But your post reminded me of the time I put in my first SD card.

steeph

• View Profile
    • http://
Poor battery life
« Reply #91 on: March 10, 2020, 12:55:55 am »
Quote from: Vistaus
Re: sudden reboots: I had that issue on my previous phones as well every once in a while, so that's not something Planet can fix.
Do you mean other phones or have you had different Cosmo units?

Vistaus

• View Profile
Poor battery life
« Reply #92 on: March 10, 2020, 06:53:43 am »
Quote from: steeph
Quote from: Vistaus
Re: sudden reboots: I had that issue on my previous phones as well every once in a while, so that's not something Planet can fix.
Do you mean other phones or have you had different Cosmo units?

No, other phones, like the Blackberry KEY2 (Android 8.1), BlackBerry Passport (BB10), Motorola Razr i (Android 4), etc.

TomJ

• View Profile
Poor battery life
« Reply #93 on: March 10, 2020, 07:35:05 am »
Quote from: TomJ
The battery life on mine has been reasonable, but today it was running very hot and dropped to 2% in under 6 hours from full (and it was being topped up for half an hour of that by by bike's dynamo, though it was also playing a podcast over bluetooth).  I noticed a notification from Ledison, but tapping it didn't do anything.  When I tried to open Ledison I got an "application is not responding: wait or close?" message.  I rather suspect these might not be unconnected.
Did it get better again after that? Have you inserted a new SD card by any chance? Mine is the only case I know of where that happened. But your post reminded me of the time I put in my first SD card.

Not too bad today.  The SD card hasn't been changed since December.

NormMonkey

• View Profile
Poor battery life
« Reply #94 on: March 11, 2020, 12:53:39 pm »
[RE: Keyboard backlight]
I don't think it stays on when it's closed. It's good that it stays on while the screen is on and maybe a bit longer. But it usually never turns off when it's sitting on the desk open and left alone. But at other times the setting changes to off while it's in my pocket so I also can't trust it to be always on. It feels like it's always off when I pull it out in the dark.

I did check to confirm the backlight turns off when the lid is closed on mine.  If I turn it on, it will stay on if I leave it sitting on the desk open, even when Android locks.  
I'm OK with this.  I usually just use [Fn]+[Shift]+( | [N] ) to change the kbd brightness so it's not much bother to turn on or off.  I also usually have it at the lowest brightness when I turn it on, so I'm pretty sure the power drain is negligible especially since this Cosmo has poor battery life to begin with.  (that might get better with the new firmware which is supposed to significantly improve battery drain)

I haven't ever had the keyboard brightness do an un-commanded change.

[RE: settings go back to default]
I've read about it at least once here. So, I'm not sure if you're lucky or I'm unlucky.

I haven't had this happen where all settings go to default.

However, I *have* had it happen where I have touched the CoDi screen while my Cosmo is open, and accidentally turned things on or off that way.  Like today I accidentally turned on battery saver mode when I touched CoDi while Cosmo is open.  

It has been noted in the forum (and I have confirmed) that even when the Planet logo is showing, CoDi will accept input.  You can swipe the controls down and poke icons.

I always lock my device with fingerprint lock before putting it in a pocket so accidental CoDi input won't do anything, but if yours is unlocked or swipe-locked that might explain some of your un-commanded settings changes.  WiFi, Bluetooth, Airplane Mode, Battery Saver, etc. can all be accidentally switched from the CoDi menus.

SwordfishII

• View Profile
Poor battery life
« Reply #95 on: March 11, 2020, 08:48:44 pm »
Quote from: NormMonkey
However, I *have* had it happen where I have touched the CoDi screen while my Cosmo is open, and accidentally turned things on or off that way.  Like today I accidentally turned on battery saver mode when I touched CoDi while Cosmo is open.  

It has been noted in the forum (and I have confirmed) that even when the Planet logo is showing, CoDi will accept input.  You can swipe the controls down and poke icons.

I always lock my device with fingerprint lock before putting it in a pocket so accidental CoDi input won't do anything, but if yours is unlocked or swipe-locked that might explain some of your un-commanded settings changes.  WiFi, Bluetooth, Airplane Mode, Battery Saver, etc. can all be accidentally switched from the CoDi menus.

Mine randomly changes some stuff.

Like right now I looked at it and CODI had turned location on. It has been sitting on a desk all day and I only turn location on when I am using maps (which I wasn't). So yeah it definitely did that on its own.

I also noticed that if you turn the ringer to vibrate only on the main screen, when you close it the Do Not Disturb icon will be activated.

Additionally if I lose signal in the parking garage it turns on location for some reason.

Minor bugs though.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 08:49:14 pm by SwordfishII »

Kamikaze Comet

• View Profile
Poor battery life
« Reply #96 on: March 15, 2020, 12:07:28 am »
Quote from: NormMonkey
I haven't had this happen where all settings go to default.

I had that happen to me too. My CoDi recorded a 2 minute video by itselt while I was doing something else on the inner scree.

PNuT

• View Profile
Poor battery life
« Reply #97 on: March 26, 2020, 11:01:51 pm »
V20 Deep sleep now works

SwordfishII

• View Profile
Poor battery life
« Reply #98 on: March 27, 2020, 01:05:54 am »
Quote from: PNuT
V20 Deep sleep now works

Nice. I'm curious how long the battery life will be more.

PNuT

• View Profile
Poor battery life
« Reply #99 on: March 27, 2020, 11:43:05 am »
Quote from: SwordfishII
Quote from: PNuT
V20 Deep sleep now works

Nice. I'm curious how long the battery life will be more.

Early indication looks like double which is good news

Vistaus

• View Profile
Poor battery life
« Reply #100 on: March 27, 2020, 02:27:50 pm »
A lot better here as well. Normally, my battery level around 18:00/6 PM would be down to 30% at best, but usually between 10-20%. Today at 18:00 though, it was still at 43%.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 02:28:23 pm by Vistaus »

SwordfishII

• View Profile
Poor battery life
« Reply #101 on: March 27, 2020, 05:21:35 pm »
Nice. Any luck with auto rotate? It isn't working for me.

Again not a big deal but it would help out for 1 use case of mine

Vistaus

• View Profile
Poor battery life
« Reply #102 on: March 28, 2020, 06:22:55 am »
Quote from: SwordfishII
Nice. Any luck with auto rotate? It isn't working for me.

Again not a big deal but it would help out for 1 use case of mine

Auto rotate is working much better than before for me. Sometimes I had to use the shortcut a few times and open recents for it to rotate back, but now it rotates back after pressing the shortcut once, like it's supposed to.

AGdesigns-NL

• View Profile
    • Http://agdesigns.nl
Poor battery life
« Reply #103 on: March 29, 2020, 04:17:54 am »
New FW battery is really good ! Old FW in the mornin without chargin the phone would be dead in the morning. Now itwas over 40% !
i dont notice any odd behavour with the new FW like the rest.
Only hoping that the modem will work under linux, tried a lot but no luck.
device gets better with every update

SwordfishII

• View Profile
Poor battery life
« Reply #104 on: March 29, 2020, 03:31:38 pm »
Quote from: AGdesigns-NL
New FW battery is really good ! Old FW in the mornin without chargin the phone would be dead in the morning. Now itwas over 40% !
i dont notice any odd behavour with the new FW like the rest.
Only hoping that the modem will work under linux, tried a lot but no luck.
device gets better with every update

Had a couple issues with the new firmware, namely never had problems with Codi crashing before but do now after using it open....the fix just pushed requires a FULL WIPE!!!