Author Topic: com.mediatek.ims.ImsApp has stopped  (Read 6671 times)

YourTech John

• View Profile
com.mediatek.ims.ImsApp has stopped
« on: May 15, 2018, 04:07:44 pm »
I'm surprised I haven't seen this more often since I get it all the time.  The box with "com.mediatek.ims.ImsApp has stopped" pops up with a button to Close App. But if you close it, it just pops up again a second later. Usually, power cycling the device makes this go away, but today it's been surviving reboots. It does go away if I remove the sim card.  Disabling SIM slot 1 & 2 does not help.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Isaac

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 07:59:20 pm »
I haven't seen any other mention of this. You might try emailing hello@planetcom.co.uk as this seems like possibly a defect.

Varti

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 04:33:02 am »
Looks like the IMS (the protocol used for VoLTE voice calls and messaging on LTE) handler is crashing. Have you ever tried to make or receive VoLTE calls, if so do they work? You can verify your call is a VoLTE one by checking that you're still registered on LTE during the call. If not, you might have a wrong, or missing APN setup, and the IMS handler might crash because of that.

Varti
Planet Gemini PDA WiFi/LTE with Mediatek x27
SL-C1000 running Arch Linux ARM May2017, K30225 Wi-Fi CF Card, 64GB SDXC card
and many other Zauruses!

Ifanafi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 10:36:30 am »
Verizon SIM (from Samsung Galaxy S 5)

ISSUE: "com.mediatek.ims.lmsApp has stopped"

Gemini frozen. Unable to ESC device off.
So I left it "on" like that overnight until battery drained to zero and device turned itself off.

Finding various, often brand-phone related fixes to slog through until Gemini is fully recharged (which is 3.5 hours in process and still charging at "orange").

Any sure-fire fix / process is welcomed.

Ifanafi

eedesign

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 04:03:52 pm »
I have been plagued with this issue as well. I have a Verizon data only SIM installed. I never thought of removing the SIM to see if that helps. I did have a T-Mobile voice and data SIM installed for a while. I don't recall having the issue with that SIM installed but I never thought of that being the issue.

I just closed the Gemini. Removed the SIM and opened it back up and the error message is gone. I did not power cycle so hopefully this is the fix. If that is the case, I may need to think of using a SIM with both voice and data.

gidds

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2018, 06:02:01 pm »
Have you tried disabling LTE?  (I've seen that recommended for other reasons.)  Settings -> More... -> Mobile networks -> Enhanced 4G LTE Mode.
   Andy/
Psion 3a → Psion 5 → Psion 5mx → Gemini → Astro

Ifanafi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2018, 10:27:42 am »
Will try disabling LTE but wonder if doing so will / might hobble (lower) 4G call capablities.

Now, as I am typing this, my Gem is FROZEN with that pop-up on screen preventing any tap, swipe or keystroke to bypass it.

WTF PC?!

Quote from: gidds
Have you tried disabling LTE?  (I've seen that recommended for other reasons.)  Settings -> More... -> Mobile networks -> Enhanced 4G LTE Mode.

Ifanafi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2018, 11:03:26 am »
What is the right or "wrong, or missing APN setup"?

Verizon carrier.

UPDATE EDIT: reset network settings to APN default for Verizon SIM.

We will see if fixes the twice-occurring pop-up issue.

Thanks to all for suggestions to try.

Quote from: Varti
Looks like the IMS (the protocol used for VoLTE voice calls and messaging on LTE) handler is crashing. Have you ever tried to make or receive VoLTE calls, if so do they work? You can verify your call is a VoLTE one by checking that you're still registered on LTE during the call. If not, you might have a wrong, or missing APN setup, and the IMS handler might crash because of that.

Varti
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 12:53:37 pm by Ifanafi »

Ifanafi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2018, 11:05:05 am »
Disabling the default enabled 4G setting reverts my Gem to 3G from 4G.

Quote from: Ifanafi
Will try disabling LTE but wonder if doing so will / might hobble (lower) 4G call capablities.

Now, as I am typing this, my Gem is FROZEN with that pop-up on screen preventing any tap, swipe or keystroke to bypass it.

WTF PC?!

Ifanafi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2018, 11:09:29 am »
Disabling the default enabled 4G setting reverts my Gem to 3G from 4G.

Quote from: Ifanafi

WTF PC?!