Author Topic: What am I doing wrong?  (Read 1818 times)

rodgos

• View Profile
What am I doing wrong?
« on: June 15, 2018, 03:16:20 pm »
I'm not sure whether this is my fault, or a Geminism. Desirous of trying out the enhanced options of LEDison, I thought I'd set up a response to an incoming call and then ring to ask them to ring the Gemini. However after setting it up, I thought it was a bit of an imposition on the caller , and decided to just ring the Gemini from my own mobile. Without setting up a LEDison response I rang the Gemini , to set  baseline, as it were. Done, the Gemini answered, but since this was just a test, I dismissed the call on the Gemini. Which dropped the call, as expected. However, I was a bit surprised to hear a voice from my mobile. This turned out to be the voicemail, with the mesage that the Gemini was busy. I tried again with the same result. I'm not usually in a habit of ringing myself, so I'm unsure whether this is normal, or as it is usually put "This is not a bug, this is a feature"

gidds

• View Profile
What am I doing wrong?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 03:26:37 pm »
Yes, I think it's fairly standard for a rejected call to divert to voicemail.  (If you have voicemail, of course.)

It'll depend on your mobile provider (and how they've set up your account), as it's handled on their end; I think the Gemini just signals ‘call rejected’.
   Andy/
Psion 3a → Psion 5 → Psion 5mx → Gemini → Astro

drand

• View Profile
What am I doing wrong?
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 05:32:05 pm »
Most network providers do this. It saves the embarrassment of having to explain to the caller, next time you see them, why you declined to answer!

rodgos

• View Profile
What am I doing wrong?
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 10:46:07 pm »
Ah! Thank you for that. I suppose it is somewhat better than a message "I'm sorry, but the person you are calling, has rejected your call". It, too, goes some way to explaining why, on occasion, when I have called someone, it goes to voicemail rather sooner than I would have expected. Food for thought!!

psionlover

• View Profile
What am I doing wrong?
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2018, 09:01:19 am »
Quote from: rodgos
I'm not sure whether this is my fault, or a Geminism.
So I understand this time it wasn't a Geminism  But I presume lots of 'features' will be found that deserve the term 'Geminism'. I propose to maintain a Geminism Top 10, to keep the Gemini developers sharp. Linux users better maintain their own Gemianism Top 10.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 10:53:53 am by psionlover »

andrewl

• View Profile
What am I doing wrong?
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2018, 01:09:02 pm »
My network allows me to configure what happens to rejected calls and diverting to another number or voicemail is on of the options.

It can be done with a *# code.