Author Topic: Brightness keys  (Read 1678 times)

salvomic

• View Profile
Brightness keys
« on: June 17, 2018, 12:03:37 pm »
Italian keyboard: are they active the brightness keys? in my Gemini they aren't...
Gemini, Psion S5 and S5mx, iPhone, iPad, Huawei MediaPad M5, some HP calculators.
Psion Fans Italia moderator

graynada

• View Profile
Brightness keys
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 12:19:02 pm »
Quote from: salvomic
Italian keyboard: are they active the brightness keys? in my Gemini they aren't...

On my UK keyboard they only work if you turn adaptive brightness off, which makes sense tbh

salvomic

• View Profile
Brightness keys
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 12:24:28 pm »
Quote from: graynada

On my UK keyboard they only work if you turn adaptive brightness off, which makes sense tbh

I've also adaptive brightness, but doesn't change...
Gemini, Psion S5 and S5mx, iPhone, iPad, Huawei MediaPad M5, some HP calculators.

graynada

• View Profile
Brightness keys
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 12:30:14 pm »

I've also adaptive brightness, but doesn't change...

But the brightness keys on the keyboard work when adaptive brightness is turned off

salvomic

• View Profile
Brightness keys
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2018, 12:33:06 pm »
But the brightness keys on the keyboard work when adaptive brightness is turned off

Well!
I didn't understand
it works now!
thanks

salvo

drand

• View Profile
Brightness keys
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2018, 12:36:07 pm »
My Moto G5 allows me to change the brightness when adaptive brightness is on. Although the adaptive setting works well most of the time there are occasions when it's useful to be able to tweak the baseline brightness slightly. It would be great to be able to do this on the Gemini, especially with the hardware keys.

gidds

• View Profile
Brightness keys
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2018, 04:21:40 pm »
Quote from: drand
My Moto G5 allows me to change the brightness when adaptive brightness is on.

How does that work?  Is the brightness adjustment applied ‘on top of’ the automatic value from then on?  Or does it revert to the automatic value after a certain time, or if the ambient light level changes, or what?

I can't see a reasonable way that could behave without risking other issues.
   Andy/
Psion 3a → Psion 5 → Psion 5mx → Gemini → Astro

drand

• View Profile
Brightness keys
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2018, 02:21:38 am »
Quote from: gidds
Quote from: drand
My Moto G5 allows me to change the brightness when adaptive brightness is on.

How does that work?  Is the brightness adjustment applied ‘on top of’ the automatic value from then on?  Or does it revert to the automatic value after a certain time, or if the ambient light level changes, or what?

I can't see a reasonable way that could behave without risking other issues.

Seems reasonable to me, but then I'm used to the behaviour with this phone. Maybe I'm missing something.

It's hard to measure with one's eyes but I think it works in the first way you propose: Dark room, turn on bedside light brightness goes up. Turn it off, brightness down. 'Manually' increase brightness a bit. Light on, brightness up. Light off, brightness back to what it was (as close as I can tell).