Author Topic: µSD card seems stuck  (Read 1866 times)

nullr0ute

• View Profile
µSD card seems stuck
« on: June 17, 2018, 03:43:00 pm »
When I got my Gemini last week, I only had a 32GB card laying around. I quickly filled it up and bought a 128GB card. Now, I'm trying to remove my 'old' card, but it seems stuck? Is that expected? Am I doing something wrong?

I really don't want to break anything. So any advice would be greatly appreciated!

drand

• View Profile
µSD card seems stuck
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 04:33:05 pm »
Well I have just found an old (8gb!) uSD and you're right, it doesn't want to come out. Looking closely there are a couple of tiny raised plastic nibs keeping the card secure when it's loaded; it's a matter of slipping the edge of a fingernail or something verrry thin under the card to lift it slightly so you can then slide it over the plastic retainers using your thumb. Good luck!

rubus-3.142

• View Profile
µSD card seems stuck
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 05:09:03 pm »
Quote from: nullr0ute
When I got my Gemini last week, I only had a 32GB card laying around. I quickly filled it up and bought a 128GB card. Now, I'm trying to remove my 'old' card, but it seems stuck? Is that expected? Am I doing something wrong?

I really don't want to break anything. So any advice would be greatly appreciated!

There is a small recessed lip the card slips behind  - to remove it I used a safety pin - gently push it a few mm under the card to raise it up a bit then use you finger nail on the ridge on the top of the card top push it "up" the shaft of the pin say 3 or 4 mm - then remove the pin and side the rest of the way

Other question - how did you format the 32GB card "portable" or "internal" - please see other thread where I had problems HERE  curious as to your experience
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 05:09:52 pm by rubus-3.142 »

nullr0ute

• View Profile
µSD card seems stuck
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 05:17:36 pm »
Quote from: rubus-3.142
Other question - how did you format the 32GB card "portable" or "internal" - please see other thread where I had problems HERE  curious as to your experience

Portable. So I don't expect any problems there. I'll try it later, thanks!

gidds

• View Profile
µSD card seems stuck
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2018, 05:22:17 pm »
It was a couple of weeks ago, but IIRC I managed to slip something small by the contact end of the SD, and push it out from that end (rather than pulling it out the normal way).
   Andy/
Psion 3a → Psion 5 → Psion 5mx → Gemini → Astro