Author Topic: Qtrdesktop Probem  (Read 4459 times)

BramK

• View Profile
    • http://
Qtrdesktop Probem
« on: June 15, 2005, 07:18:20 pm »
Hi all,

I installed qtrdesktop on my C3000, including the openssl libs.
When connecting to the desktop computer (XP), the qtrdesktop application shuts down. In the log I can see that port 3389 is accessed on the desktop machine.

Does anyone know what the cause might be?

Do I need to add a zaurus user to my xp machine?

regards,
BramK.

aldanm

• View Profile
Qtrdesktop Probem
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 11:09:01 pm »
The only times qtrdesktop has failed for me was either I'd gotten the wrong ip address, or I'd forgotten to turn on remote desktop on my XP machine.  So I would suggest just verifying those two things.

Have you tried starting qtrdesktop from a terminal?  That should give more information.

BramK

• View Profile
Qtrdesktop Probem
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2005, 01:55:20 am »
When starting qtrdesktop from a terminal I get the following messages:
(the gui still starts, resulting in the same problem as before)
---
Could  not open translation file /home/QtPalmtop//i18n/en/libsl.qmid
Qlibrary open failed: /home/QtPalmtop/lib/libqsfepj.so, libkke.so.1: cannot load shared object file: No such file or directory
--
These seem to be related to japanese language.

For turning on the remote desktop. I turned it on, but do not have a clue what user to add for this service.

aldanm

• View Profile
Qtrdesktop Probem
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2005, 12:57:38 pm »
---
Could  not open translation file /home/QtPalmtop//i18n/en/libsl.qmid
Qlibrary open failed: /home/QtPalmtop/lib/libqsfepj.so, libkke.so.1: cannot load shared object file: No such file or directory
--

I have links to those files on hdd1, which is stock.  Come to think of it, I don't recall what tweaks I made after installing the packages.  libqsfepj.so.1.0.0 and libkke.so.1.0.0 are linked at /hdd1/usr/QtPalmtop.rom/lib/.  I also have libsl.qmid linked to /hdd1/usr/QtPalmtop.rom/i18n/ja/libsl.qmid in /home/QtPalmtop/i18n/ja/, and nothing in the /home/QtPalmtop/i18n/en/.  In short, just search hdd1, for those files; it's probably there.

For turning on the remote desktop. I turned it on, but do not have a clue what user to add for this service.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=84471\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

XP remote desktop doesn't require user accounts, only the ip address of the XP machine itself.

BramK

• View Profile
Qtrdesktop Probem
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2005, 02:29:43 pm »
thank aldanm,

I fixed the links to the files and the message dissapeared.

Still can't connect to my desktop though. Qtrdesktop just closes after starting a connection.  

BramK

• View Profile
Qtrdesktop Probem
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2005, 06:41:46 pm »
Now, do I feel like a total idiot.
I didn't start Terminal Services.

Problem solved !

prahs

• View Profile
Qtrdesktop Probem
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2005, 06:04:27 am »
---
Could  not open translation file /home/QtPalmtop//i18n/en/libsl.qmid
--

I have links to those files on hdd1, which is stock.  Come to think of it, I don't recall what tweaks I made after installing the packages.  libqsfepj.so.1.0.0 and libkke.so.1.0.0 are linked at /hdd1/usr/QtPalmtop.rom/lib/.  I also have libsl.qmid linked to /hdd1/usr/QtPalmtop.rom/i18n/ja/libsl.qmid in /home/QtPalmtop/i18n/ja/, and nothing in the /home/QtPalmtop/i18n/en/.  In short, just search hdd1, for those files; it's probably there.

[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=84471\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Hi,

I've tried what you have listed but i still get the same error - please help. Could you list the links more clearly in case i'm doing something wrong...

Many thanks....
XP remote desktop doesn't require user accounts, only the ip address of the XP machine itself.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=84547\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

aldanm

• View Profile
Qtrdesktop Probem
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2005, 12:44:17 am »
/home/QtPalmtop/i18n/ja/libsl.qmid -> /hdd1/usr/QtPalmtop.rom/i18n/ja/libsl.qmid
/home/QtPalmtop/lib/libqsfepj.so.1.0.0 -> /hdd1/usr/QtPalmtop.rom/lib/libqsfepj.so.1.0.0
/home/QtPalmtop/lib/libkke.so.1.0.0 -> /hdd1/usr/QtPalmtop.rom/lib/libkke.so.1.0.0

You'll also want to link down the names:
/home/QtPalmtop/lib/libqsfepj.so.1.0 -> /home/QtPalmtop/lib/libqsfepj.so.1.0.0
/home/QtPalmtop/lib/libqsfepj.so.1 -> /home/QtPalmtop/lib/libqsfepj.so.1.0.0
/home/QtPalmtop/lib/libqsfepj.so -> /home/QtPalmtop/lib/libqsfepj.so.1.0.0

/home/QtPalmtop/lib/ libkke.so.1.0 -> /home/QtPalmtop/lib/libkke.so.1.0.0
/home/QtPalmtop/lib/ libkke.so.1 -> /home/QtPalmtop/lib/libkke.so.1.0.0
/home/QtPalmtop/lib/ libkke.so -> /home/QtPalmtop/lib/libkke.so.1.0.0

Hope this helps!

prahs

• View Profile
Qtrdesktop Probem
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2005, 09:31:27 am »
wow, many thanks for your post - i will let you know how it goes....

by the way has anyone seen qtrdesktop 1.41+ looks very different but someone would have to convert it to english.....