Author Topic: Stupid red bar  (Read 1966 times)

Calamityspice

• View Profile
Stupid red bar
« on: June 22, 2018, 10:01:05 pm »
My device has acquired a stupid L shaped thing that covers the Notification area at the top & the Playstation buttons on the right. It's red in colour I can't make it go away

What have I pressed & how do I get rid of the fracking thin?

Calamityspice

• View Profile
Stupid red bar
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 10:07:56 pm »
Neverminds. A reboot, and it has gone.

gymbo

• View Profile
Stupid red bar
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2018, 10:46:54 am »
Quote from: Calamityspice
My device has acquired a stupid L shaped thing that covers the Notification area at the top & the Playstation buttons on the right. It's red in colour I can't make it go away

That is probably the "notification" that you have entered into "battery-saving-mode", and I believe it is an Android thing, and unfortunately it doesn't seem to be any way of configuring it either. (But I would call the colour "orange", and not "red", so maybe it was something else...?)

Dixit

• View Profile
Stupid red bar
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2018, 11:18:59 am »
Quote from: gymbo

That is probably the "notification" that you have entered into "battery-saving-mode", and I believe it is an Android thing, and unfortunately it doesn't seem to be any way of configuring it either. (But I would call the colour "orange", and not "red", so maybe it was something else...?)

On the battery settings you can select `battery saving mode: never` and it will never enter into this mode, hence no orange color. Of course your battery will die more rapidly.
I switched it off, but now have it automatically on from 15% onwards. Saves the day for me.

gymbo

• View Profile
Stupid red bar
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2018, 09:03:45 pm »
Quote from: Dixit
Quote from: gymbo

On the battery settings you can select `battery saving mode: never` and it will never enter into this mode, hence no orange color. Of course your battery will die more rapidly.
I switched it off, but now have it automatically on from 15% onwards. Saves the day for me.
When I said it was no way of configuring it, I meant that you can't set the colour to something else (or turn the colour off) when in battery saving-mode, which I think would have been nice. I would also have liked to be able to set it to 10% (and not just 5%, which is to late IMO, and 15%, which I think is to early).