Author Topic: Flashing hangs at 80% on system  (Read 85 times)

d2a

• View Profile
Flashing hangs at 80% on system
« on: May 04, 2024, 06:08:38 am »
So I bought a 4G gemini that was stuck in a boot loop - vibrate, show planet logo, black screen, repeat. I've been trying to get it reflashed with some success:

Failed tests
  • virtualbox windows 8 (macOS host)
  • virtualbox fedora 39

Partially working
  • Fedora 39 live USB

Using the live USB (after following the instructions https://support.planetcom.co.uk/index.php/Linux_Flashing_Guide ) I could connect to the Gemini, backup the NVRAM and start the flash process. I chose to just reflash the system partition (to try to fix the boot loop) and it started ok, but froze at 80% and eventually timed out with a "STATUS_DOWNLOAD_EXCEPTION" error. I then tried a full firmware update and it progressed well until the system partition stage where it again failed at 80%. I used the base system Gemini_x27_MP_16032018 from Planet suuport

Once I had unplugged this failed update, I held the esc and silver keys to reboot, and noticed the keycaps blue led light up and the boot screen disappeared and I saw a broken android logo. I retried the flash with the same results but this is at least some progress.

Anyone have any recommendations for further progress? I think i'll try flashing a newer base system next