Author Topic: Flash Card Program For Testing Vocabulary?  (Read 129193 times)

kurochka

• View Profile
Flash Card Program For Testing Vocabulary?
« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2007, 03:27:49 pm »
Is it just me or does the edit function does not save modifications?  Maybe this is a permissions problem but it worked with the previous version.
SL-C3100 (from PriceJapan.com): modified Sharp Rom (couldn't make Japanese input work in Cacko Rom)

ex-SL-C3000; ex-SL-5600; ex-Simpad

kurochka

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 02, 2007, 12:51:31 pm »
Quote from: kurochka
Is it just me or does the edit function does not save modifications?  Maybe this is a permissions problem but it worked with the previous version.

Just to clarify, the only affected field (the one that does not save changes) is the comment field.  The text fields work fine.  This is weird.
SL-C3100 (from PriceJapan.com): modified Sharp Rom (couldn't make Japanese input work in Cacko Rom)

Frederic Bergeron

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #92 on: October 03, 2007, 07:59:59 pm »
Quote from: kurochka

I'm back to Japan.

Thanks for reporting this bug.  I can reproduce it so I will fix it soon.  This occurs only with the Edit button of the Quiz.  The Edit button in the Glossary Manager works fine on my side.
toMOTko Flashcard Project
SL-C1000 Sharp ROM

matthis

• View Profile
    • http://badaboum.bidibom.free.fr/mat/
« Reply #93 on: October 03, 2007, 08:16:26 pm »
Hi, I would like to make another request, though I'm not sure everyone will like it..  

When importing files, Tomotko searches automatically for importable files... and this takes about 8 minutes on my sl-c3200. So I'd rather save time and search/select it myself if possible.

What do you think?

Frederic Bergeron

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 03, 2007, 08:56:47 pm »
Quote from: koan
I can't organise my glossaries. I want to move them around subfolders.
I guess this is what you will do when you implement cut and paste ?

Exactly.  The Cut & Paste feature should take care of this.  In the present version, Cut doesn't work but Copy & Paste work for terms.  So if you can't wait, you can reorganize your words by recreating the folders (that's easy to do), copy and paste the terms in the newly organized folders.  Once you're done, you can then delete the obsolete glossaries with the red X button.

I also would like to be able to sort glossaries and folders.

I've discussed this issue previously in this thread with Kurochka, if I remember well.  I don't think this feature is essential.  The folders and glossaries are already sorted alphabetically.   I could add 2 buttons (arrow up, arrow down) to translate a tree item from one position up or down but this would burden the Glossary Manager's interface too much, IMHO.  Because of that, I suggest you to prefix the folders and glossaries titles that you want to be sorted in a specific way with numbers like 01, 02, 03.  

When I don't select "Show all glossaries" and specify "Language1" > "Language2" I think I should still see all the folders, even if they are not Language1 or Language2.

To see a folder when "Show all glossaries" is disabled, the folder must contain a glossary with some terms in the language specified in "Language1 > Language2".  If you think about it, it makes sense.  What's the need to show an empty (or irrelevant) folder?   Most of the time, you don't want to see it.  When you do want to see such a folder, that's where the "Show all glossaries" comes handy so you can insert words in it.  I think that this behavior is what most people want, like 98% of the time.   I may add a preferences setting to change this default behavior in the future but I'm not convinced that it's a good idea.

I think each glossary should have some notes to explain who made it, where it comes from etc. If you change the glossary title label to "Title" then there would be room for an (i) icon which could be tapped for more information.

This is on the todo list.

When you edit an entry, it would be nice if there was a way to navigate forwards and backwards to other entries.

I will put it on the todo list and consider it later.

The menu "Edition" should be "Edit", in prefs "Digraphes" should be "Digraphs" for the English UI.

I will update the strings shortly.  Thanks.
SL-C1000 Sharp ROM

Frederic Bergeron

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 03, 2007, 09:08:36 pm »
Quote from: matthis
Hi, I would like to make another request, though I'm not sure everyone will like it..  

When importing files, Tomotko searches automatically for importable files... and this takes about 8 minutes on my sl-c3200. So I'd rather save time and search/select it myself if possible.

What do you think?

Wow, that's incredibly long!  I was not aware of this.  This is probably caused by the Qtopia's default FileManager class that I'm currently using.  I've read somewhere that there is another implementation of FileManager (provided by Sharp's API?) that could do a better job and ask for a specific location.  I will look further on this.
SL-C1000 Sharp ROM

kurochka

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 04, 2007, 02:33:56 pm »
Quote from: Frederic Bergeron

What do you think?

Wow, that's incredibly long!  I was not aware of this.  This is probably caused by the Qtopia's default FileManager class that I'm currently using.  I've read somewhere that there is another implementation of FileManager (provided by Sharp's API?) that could do a better job and ask for a specific location.  I will look further on this.

I haven't encountered this problem on my 3100.  It's snappy here.

Frederic Bergeron

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 04, 2007, 07:28:53 pm »
I think it depends on the size of your storage devices.  On my SL-C1000, I'm using the built-in 64 MB memory and a 1 GB SD card so it's  fast enough.  According to what I read on the Zaurus's FAQ, the SL-C3100 has built-in memory of 128 MB with no hard disk so the speed is probably comparable.  The SL-C3200 has a 6 GB hard disk (or so I think) so that would explain the delay as Qtopia's FileManager object looks for all files with an extension ending by .xml under user's home directory.  If you have a lot of files, it may takes some time to scan all of them.
SL-C1000 Sharp ROM

koan

• View Profile
    • http://www.lyndonhill.com
« Reply #98 on: October 07, 2007, 04:59:07 am »
I uploaded 3 new glossaries for Thai:
  • Numbers
  • Time
  • Everyday phrases
They are not exhaustive but I think they are comprehensive.

Please see the "Thai on Zaurus" link in my sig.

thanks!
Zocalo Feed Reader : Thai on Zaurus : Dictionaries for zbedic : Sharp ROM package feed
HELUX Handheld Embedded Linux Blog
SL-C3200 Multiboot : SL-C750  Sharp ROM

Frederic Bergeron

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 07, 2007, 05:24:56 am »
Thanks Koan, I will take a look to your new glossaries during the week and add them to toMOTko's website.

@Matthis

I borrowed zfiledialog code from ZBEDic application and integrated it into toMOTko's import/export feature.  This will probably solve the problem you mentioned before.  Similarly, keyboard shortcuts will also be inspired from code found in ZBEDic.  I intend to make a release as soon as this is implemented.
SL-C1000 Sharp ROM

matthis

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 10, 2007, 07:28:03 pm »
Thank you very much for making your great program better and better all the time!
Best regards,

Frederic Bergeron

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 17, 2007, 09:53:30 am »
toMOTko 0.8.0 has been released.  

It contains bug fixes and minor improvements.  

Here is the change log :

- Added missing digraphs.
- Fixed comment update bug in the quiz.
- Fixed multiple terms deletion.
- Improved FileDialog for import/export feature.
- Improved menus' look with icons.
- Added keyboard accelerators.
- Show word count in congratulation message.

Feedback is welcome.
SL-C1000 Sharp ROM

matthis

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 17, 2007, 10:32:16 am »
Thank you very much! I will try it and report back.

EDIT: I tried it and it works like a charm! File selections speeds the process up greatly. Thank you!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 08:34:47 pm by matthis »

Frederic Bergeron

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 19, 2007, 11:01:24 am »
Thank you very much! I will try it and report back.

EDIT: I tried it and it works like a charm! File selections speeds the process up greatly. Thank you!

Glad to hear that!  You're welcome.
SL-C1000 Sharp ROM

kurochka

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 21, 2007, 12:53:34 am »
I have tried it and love it. Awesome. This is a major new release! Hotkeys are great.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 08:59:03 am by kurochka »