Author Topic: Dual SIM operation not possible?  (Read 1633 times)

IK6yae0s

• View Profile
Dual SIM operation not possible?
« on: July 09, 2023, 07:20:06 am »
Hello,

I have a Main SIM in slot 1 configured and a eSIM for slot 2. Both are from DTAG.
Because of security only sms on main SIM in Slot1 is possible. Becais of SIM Problems which often disconnect the main SIM 1 and I must restart the phone before it will work again i registred the esim on slot 2 with same contract.
If eSIM on Slot 2 is aktivated I can phone, if eSIM is deactivated via eSIM app i cannot call and have no connection. I wonder me that SIM 1 is not used instead of using eSIM on slot 2.
So I restarted the phone with deactivated eSIM and I still cannot connect the AP. Only if I deactivate eSIM to slot 2 in Astro Settings immediately the SIM1 has to been activated again.
Is it possible that using SIM1 and SIM2 at the same time is not possible? I though in the past with my communicator it was running well, but would not really remember thats was a truth.

ZimbiX

• View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/ZimbiX
Re: Dual SIM operation not possible?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2023, 09:25:16 am »
I heard someone say a while ago that the slots in the SIM tray are labeled the wrong way around. Try using the physical SIM in the other slot?

IK6yae0s

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2023, 11:46:12 am »
That was the correct solution. The Slot 1 is the farest from the edge, Slot 2 is the middle one and the sd-card slot is the nearest.
So at my Astro the SIM must be put to labeled slot 2 to become sim1.

Thank you for help. Maybe it would be nice to leive this information in a how-to-base.

ZimbiX

• View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/ZimbiX
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2023, 06:28:32 am »
Yeah, good idea - we should add this to the wiki