Author Topic: Found an eBay Store with Zaurii (HE\'S BACK!!!)  (Read 22725 times)

dh

• View Profile
    • http://
Found an eBay Store with Zaurii (HE\'S BACK!!!)
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2004, 10:21:44 pm »
Just found this store while browsing eBay:

http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=8748553&ssPageName=L2

They\'ve got a C860 for $685.00 US and C750 for $524.80.  (S&H looks to be $35 to US).  
I ordered a C860 today. Can\'t wait to get it because my PPC has gotten to the point where it\'s just as I want it, ie boring.
C860, Cacko Elena ROM
Cheers!
David

whit

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2004, 11:04:55 pm »
Bought my C-860 from this guy, very good to deal with and very responsive.
http://stores.ebay.com/K-YA-Gaia-Nonlocal-Correlations

Odd. Based on the experiences here, and the 100% positive feedback on eBay from 100+ sales, I bought and paid for an 860 from him on the 11th. He claimed on the page he\'d ship, with tracking number, within two days. But I haven\'t heard from him at all, even though I\'ve sent him several e-mails both through eBay and directly to his hotmail address, the first right after the purchase.

Being late in sending isn\'t a big thing, but not even communicating is not good business practice. I\'ll let y\'all know if he comes through soon with some apology. It\'s been a long time since I\'ve bought anything over the Net without immediate confirmation from the seller. A bit disturbing to have all that money out there and not the simplest courtesy from the merchant.

BalroG

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2004, 02:37:26 am »
Hi Whit

I have also ordered a C860 from this guy, my money is now on it\'s way to him - can\'t stop it anymore. Problem is that for the last 3 days he has not responded on any of my e-mails either.

In the beginning his communication was excellent, but the last 3 days just NOTHING! I am getting very worried that we have been ripped off - let\'s hope not.

The other disturbing thing is that the C860 is not being advertised on his eBay store anymore. I don\'t understand it - this guy got good \"reviews\" from the ppl on this forum, therefore the reason I decided to order from him.

I can\'t wait to get my hands on my newly ordered C860, but this whole situation is unnerving me. I thing if I heard nothing by tomorrow, I will start posting a \"Neutral\" comment on his eBay store regarding the communication and maybe take it further after that.

I really hope he is just very busy or something came up that caused him not to answer our e-mails. Let\'s hope our new toys will be shipped as promised.
C860 on Default Sharp ROM(to change soon!)

BalroG

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2004, 08:46:03 am »
*BUMP*

Whit any news from \"K\"? Have you recieved your C860 yet? I have sent multiple e-mails and still no reply from him.

Does anybody know this guy personally? Although I guess there are not a lot of Japanese readers here (except maybe Stubear?).

UGH, no money, no C860, NOT happy....

whit

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2004, 09:53:49 am »
Whit any news from \"K\"? Have you recieved your C860 yet? I have sent multiple e-mails and still no reply from him.

No news. If you retrieve eBay\'s contact info on him, they think he\'s in Virginia - but clearly he\'s in Japan. I asked eBay if they had a Japan address for him (since it\'s against their stated policy not to list the current address), and I just got back a form letter that doesn\'t speak to this problem at all.

Do we just get to post one eBay feedback per transaction? If you\'re inclined to go neutral soon, I\'ll go negative a few days later. There aren\'t many legitimate circumstances where someone just can\'t get to their e-mail for more than a day or two - especially with business involved. (He can do it with his PDA, right?) But I\'ll happily accept a good excuse from him if he straightens all this out in a hurry now.

BalroG

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2004, 10:13:51 am »
Hi Whit

I have his street address, and the street address of his bank(I can PM it to you if you want, and yes, both in Japan) - but how will this help us? (Hmmm, OK, who has contacts in the Japanese mafia for some debt-collecting? :-) )

I don\'t know how the feedback works on eBay, will give it a shot on Monday - I\'ll give him until then to at least respond to say what is going on. It\'s stange, he really was very helpful before he fell totally silent. I hope he has a really good excuse and that our deals can be concluded amicably. Nobody wants a drama where money and Zaurii are concerned :-).

The other thing that concerns me is that the C860 does not appear on his eBay store anymore.

Anyway, best of luck, please post here if you hear from him, I will do the same.

Cheers!!

DrWowe

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2004, 10:26:35 am »
I don\'t think ebay lets you change your feedback after its given.  Best to wait until you\'re sure.

whit

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2004, 11:32:13 am »
Hey BalroG,

Knowing his street address in Japan doesn\'t do much except maybe help show that he\'s violated eBay\'s terms of service (arguably on a technicality). No idea whether that can motivate eBay to actually step into the middle on this. I paid by credit card through PayPal - which claims to insure $500 of the transaction with him (he\'s in their favored category). I imagine somewhere in my agreement with PayPal it says I can\'t just challenge the whole credit card payment? And here you are out cash, maybe. It\'s annoying to start thinking strategy for worst-case scenarios just because someone doesn\'t even bother to send a plausible stalling excuse. Since he\'s not advertising more Zs, my guess is he\'s lost his line of supply, and didn\'t really have the two he sold us in hand yet. Still, any excuse while he finds a new wholesaler (or whatever he\'s doing) would be better than silence.

Off to worry about more worthy things....

BalroG

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2004, 01:36:19 am »
Hi Whit

I got info that he might be indisposed temporarily due to health reasons(and this apparently has happened before) - so for the time being I will be patient and wait to hear from him.

Will let you know as soon as new info becomes available.

dh

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2004, 06:04:32 am »
Hi Whit

I got info that he might be indisposed temporarily due to health reasons(and this apparently has happened before) - so for the time being I will be patient and wait to hear from him.

Will let you know as soon as new info becomes available.

I\'m sure that something like this is the problem. He got my payment last Friday and told me he would ship in two business days so I was expecting him to ship Tuesday. That day my 860 actually arrived.

I sent my payment by money order, so if he wanted to steal it, mine would have been easier than folks paying with Paypal.

Don\'t worry too much about him not having an 860 in his store. He seems to only have a few at a time and the total goes down with each order.
C860, Cacko Elena ROM
Cheers!
David

BalroG

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2004, 08:00:23 am »
Hi dh

Thanks for the info, it is good to know he has a good reputation and that you had a very positive experience. I had to send money via international money order as well(don\'t have a choice, due to strict control of money leaving the country).

I noticed the items that are not appearing in the store anymore were auction items and the auctions have ended, so that might explain it. He probably has not update his store recently either. Hope he is OK.

Anyway, the waiting continues.....

whit

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2004, 06:28:14 pm »
I\'m sure that something like this is the problem. He got my payment last Friday and told me he would ship in two business days so I was expecting him to ship Tuesday. That day my 860 actually arrived.

Reassuring, yes. Too bad about his health - but I understand how this  can be exactly the sort of business to run when you\'re not at 100%.

If, when he does return to the shop, he just checks all his e-mail before shipping stuff off. I updated my address with eBay just before putting in the order, but eBay\'s systems aren\'t that well coordinated, evidently, since the order went in with my old address attached to it. So my worry about his replying to e-mail is in part a worry about his getting my note about eBay\'s screw-up about my address before he ships.

This is my first purchase through eBay, and I\'m way underimpressed - not just with their slow database updates or poor site design either. Turns out that the \"$200\" or \"$500\" guarantee PayPal offers on transactions - not that I expect to need it this time - is minus a \"$25 processing cost\". If eBay/PayPal itself was honest, they\'d call it a \"$175\" or \"$475\" guarantee. Doesn\'t set a good example for their sellers when they indulge in stuff like this, does it? Sigh.

Since K is basically running a shop more than an auction business anyway, wonder if he\'d be better off on Yahoo? My dealings with various shops they host have all gone smoothly, and their system technically works well.

DrWowe

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2004, 06:33:35 pm »
ebay sucks.  I refuse to buy anything from ebay unless the price differential massively overcompensates for the annoyance factor.  Which, sadly, is far too often.

whit

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2004, 09:15:36 am »
Boy does eBay suck. At the beginning of this process I\'d queried them about whether they had any contact info in Japan for K, since their system has him as being in Virginia. This resulted in several disconnected form e-mails from them, one of which said in effect, We\'ll look into it and may suspend him if we can\'t confirm a current address. By then I\'d heard he may be ill, so I immediately sent them a request not to do that, since he may be out of touch for a bit. Of course the first response to that was another disconnected form letter; and when I emphasized it again, another disconnected fom letter. They must have hundreds of illiterate kids paid by how many \"responses\" they can send per minute rather than whether they actually take care of anything adequately. Hope this doesn\'t end up with K\'s account being suspended just because eBay is totally half-assed and doesn\'t have anyone who can read.

Update: Finally got a response from eBay from someone who actually read my e-mail, that they would wait a bit. Whew!

whit

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2004, 06:58:02 pm »
If someone can pm me K\'s postal address I\'ll be much obliged. I figure since I\'m not hearing from him yet at all he must be seriously indisposed. It\'s more likely that friends and family may be helping him with regular mail than with e-mail, and I\'d like to make some sort of connection with somebody now that my money\'s out the door.