Author Topic: You Should Not Torture Your Zaurus  (Read 149609 times)

Lisztfr

• View Profile
You Should Not Torture Your Zaurus
« on: June 13, 2009, 08:47:24 am »
Imagine the mistreatment you inflict to your little machine when you flash a new ROM. Would you like some one to flash you a new brain ? No i don't think so.  Foremost, if it a buggy one.

L

semen

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 09:31:50 pm »
But, it's an upgraded brain. I'd sure like one that had could do more, or at least the capabilities to use my current brain to the maximum potential. Wouldn't you?

Lisztfr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 05:38:46 pm »
Yep, if i could play chopin's etude n° 23  the "winter wind", and some more

I gave Watapon a try (very short) but couldn't detect a speed improvement ; because of the blue theme, the filemanager which doesn't have a copy option, i return to sharp.  

L

Snappy

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 10:57:36 am »
Flashing ROM is more like implanting new memories (experience, knowledge, skills etc) into our brain.  Installing a new brain would be like replacing the ROM chip itself.
Snappy!
------------------------
Akita (Daily use)
<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>SL-C1000 with Cacko 1.23 full
Accessories: Wifi XI-825 CF  |  16GB (6) SDHC (Transcend) | 1GB 80x CF (RiDATA PRO-2) </span>

Collie (Sandbox)
<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>SL-5500 with OZ/GPE 3.5.4.1 alpha3 build 2006-04-27
Accessories: 512MB A-Data SD | 64MB Toshiba SD</span>

speculatrix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 07:01:26 pm »
I take a full file backup before flashing. mainly because there's always some configuration file somewhere I've tweaked and forget to backup manually. disk space is so cheap these days that even 4GiB off the zaurus ROM makes no appreciable dent in my server's disk usage.

So in this case, my zaurus's little mind isn't lost forever, even if it ceases to execute :-)
Gemini 4G/Wi-Fi owner, formerly zaurus C3100 and 860 owner; also owner of an HTC Doubleshot, a Zaurus-like phone.