Author Topic: no network available error when I try to use the messaging or phone app  (Read 2286 times)

snerd

• View Profile
hello

I followed the guide from the PC support page to install their image of linux on my cosmo. I was unable to get the firmware for codi updated to v1.15 as the android app crashes when I try to point it to the 1.15 firmware update file. Linux is installed and running and I'm able to use WIFI to connect to the internet. However, when I try to use the phone or messaging apps I get a 'no network available' error.

I'm guessing this has something to do with the codi firmware being at 1.14 instead of 1.15 though I'm not sure why that would be the case.

My questions are:

1. how did y'all get the codi firmware updated to 1.15 when the android app crashes when you attempt to manually update the firmware?
2. has anyone else encountered this error, and if so, how did you overcome it?

ty ;D

lokomoko

• View Profile
Re: no network available error when I try to use the messaging or phone app
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2021, 05:51:55 am »
I could installed 1.15 on top of 1.14 at least twice. So I can confirm, that this works, but as you already found out, it does not work reliably. It took me around 1 to 5 retries to get a new condi firmware installed, no matter what version it was. If I recall it correctly the installer app did not crash but just reported that the upgrade failed after some time. Then I could just restart.

csenarew45

• View Profile
If I remember correctly, download the update and put it in the root directory, then use the CODI ...

"Select "Advanced" and then "Flash Image Manually" and then select the Cosmo_firmware-stem_ospi2_mouse15.bin. To update the CoDi firmware click on the "FLASH NOW" button. After flashing, please ignore any over-the-air Cover Display assistant notifications to update firmware as this is a custom build."

snerd

• View Profile
putting the firmware file in the root directory seems to be the missing element. I'm not on CODI 1.15 (w00t!)

unfortunately, the 'mouse' aspect of the touch button still does not work and I'm still getting the 'no network error' when I try to use the SMS or Phone apps in the debian image. Anyone have any ideas? I'm stumped...

snerd

• View Profile
For MMS follow the link:

https://support.planetcom.co.uk/index.php/Cosmo_Linux_Mobile_Data

unless i have misread something, with codi v1.15 the touchpad should be working as a mouse and SMS/Phone should be working over wifi. Neither seems to be the case for me.

https://support.planetcom.co.uk/index.php/Linux_for_Cosmo#Download_and_Install_Linux_firmware_v3_.28latest.29

I will try installing the new network manager to see if that helps with the 'no network' error  :)

*UPDATE*
I went through the "Cosmo Linux Mobile Data" guide. At the terminal, I get a 'GPRS not attached' error after following the steps. I'm able to use WIFI to access the internet if I manually turn that on. The SMS app reports a different error, "please insert SIM card" - which I suspect is the result of my turning off the non-functioning mobile data in conman and enabling wifi.

looking forward to future updates from PG on the linux side. If I can get a reliably working phone, SMS, and mobile data rig going I'll be a happy camper  :)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 12:13:29 pm by snerd »