Author Topic: Installing Rox To Pdaxii13 Base  (Read 3680 times)

liberated

• View Profile
Installing Rox To Pdaxii13 Base
« on: November 15, 2007, 05:20:22 am »
I found that I really don't need everything in pdaXii13 full so i went for base instead. I do like rox however, but I can't get it to run.
After installing rox, rox-session and the missing dependecies gnome-vfs, dbus & dbus-glib I get the following error when I try to run rox:

/usr/apps/ROX-Filer/Linux-armv5tel/ROX-Filer: relocation error: /usr/lib/libgnomevfs-2.so.0: undefined symbol: g_thread_pool_set_sort_function

I guess there has been some version mismatch. Anyone know how to grab the right ones?
SL-C3100 w/ Cacko 1.23
AmbiCom WL1100C WLAN card
Anycom Bluetooth CF card
Socket CF 10/100 Ethernet card
1GB eXpansys noname SD card

Jon_J

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 11:45:55 am »
I don't have an answer for your error, but I install the following files whenever I reflash pdaxii13 akita (base) to get Rox working.
I have these on a CF card in my "core-utils" folder, specifically for installing after reflashing.
rox_2.5_armv5tel.ipk
rox-lib_1.9.15_armv5tel.ipk
rox-lib2_2.0.3_armv5tel.ipk
shared-mime-info_0.20_armv5tel.ipk
"shared-mime-info" is for getting the file icons to associate with programs that open when clicking on the icons.
I don't remember which rox-lib is absolutely necessary, but I eventually always install both of them.
Edit
One more thing you need to do is enable Rox in pdaxii13 config.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 12:11:09 pm by Jon_J »
C3100 Multiboot-->Angstrom 2007.12-r18 | Cacko 1.23 | ArchLinuxARM
C3200 pdaxii13v2-5.5-alpha4 Akita on NAND

Ambicom WL1100C-CF Wifi - Ambicom CF modem - Ambicom CF GPS - Belkin-F5D5050 USB LAN
Socket CF Bluetooth rev K - Iogear 4 port USB micro hub - pocket CF card reader
Targus mini USB optical mouse - 2 Targus SD card readers

Meanie

• View Profile
    • http://www.users.on.net/~hluc/myZaurus/
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 10:43:27 pm »
Quote from: liberated
I found that I really don't need everything in pdaXii13 full so i went for base instead. I do like rox however, but I can't get it to run.
After installing rox, rox-session and the missing dependecies gnome-vfs, dbus & dbus-glib I get the following error when I try to run rox:

/usr/apps/ROX-Filer/Linux-armv5tel/ROX-Filer: relocation error: /usr/lib/libgnomevfs-2.so.0: undefined symbol: g_thread_pool_set_sort_function

I guess there has been some version mismatch. Anyone know how to grab the right ones?

you installed libraries from the pdaxiiv2 feed without first upgrading your install to pdaxiiv2

to fix it, simply run ipkg upgrade

this would upgrade you to pdaXii13v2 (build 5.5.0). if you want to remain on build 5.4.9, then you will need to reinstall those packages you added, but from the pdaxii13 custom feed
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 10:44:32 pm by Meanie »
SL-C3000 - pdaXii13 build5.4.9 (based on pdaXrom beta3) / SL-C3100 - Sharp ROM 1.02 JP (heavily customised)
Netgear MA701 CF, SanDisk ConnectPlus CF, Socket Bluetooth CF, 4GB Kingston CF,  4GB pqi SD, 4GB ChoiceOnly SD, 2GB SanDisk SD USB Plus, 1GB SanDisk USB Plus, 1GB Transcend SD, 2GB SanDisk MicroSD with SD adaptor, Piel Frama Leather Case, GoldX 5-in-1 USB cable, USB hub, USB mouse, USB keyboard, USB ethernet, USB HDD, many other USB accessories...
(Zaurus SL-C3000 owner since March 14. 2005, Zaurus SL-C3100 owner since September 21. 2005)
http://members.iinet.net.au/~wyso/myZaurus - zBook3K

plum

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 04:09:43 am »
Quote from: Meanie
Quote from: liberated

you installed libraries from the pdaxiiv2 feed without first upgrading your install to pdaxiiv2

to fix it, simply run ipkg upgrade

this would upgrade you to pdaXii13v2 (build 5.5.0). if you want to remain on build 5.4.9, then you will need to reinstall those packages you added, but from the pdaxii13 custom feed
I have the same problem
Thanks ,

liberated

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 09:57:14 am »
Problem solved and I now have a nice pdaXii13v2 zaurus, thanks meanie. Both for your answer and all the great work you put in.
SL-C3100 w/ Cacko 1.23
AmbiCom WL1100C WLAN card
Anycom Bluetooth CF card
Socket CF 10/100 Ethernet card
1GB eXpansys noname SD card