Author Topic: Tkcphone With Gizmoproject...doable ?  (Read 2347 times)

TsingTao

• View Profile
Tkcphone With Gizmoproject...doable ?
« on: October 29, 2005, 11:45:15 pm »
Well, I was up till about 2am this morning trying to get the demo of tkcPhone to work on my C-1000.  I'm not exactly sure what results I had (it was late, I was getting frustrated, and I had an ample supply of beer...).  Basically I got it to say that a STUN2 request was sent (using settings for SJPHONE for PocketPCs I found in GizmoProjects knowledgebase) but I'm not exactly sure that means the client actually connected to my GizmoProject account.  I have CallOut credit, but it gave me an error and said it was not configured for 'Land' calling when I tried to dial a PSTN number.  And since it WAS late, and I don't have many friends, I didn't know anyone I could test a PC to PC type call with.  But I did discover a few test numbers online that will supposedly echo back everything you say or just say YOU number back to you.  They didn't seem to work.

Since this is only the demo, I'm hesitant to write off the full version (since it only costs $20), but I don't really want to purchase it just to continue testing (well I'm not quite that desperate anyway).  Also, the demo I am running was written for the SL-5500, though it seems to be functioning on my C-1000.

I don't know what's going on...  

I know many others have been experimenting with such as VOIP, and I know people have gotten Net2Phone and iConnect to work, but I'd rather stick with companies that offer prepaid plans instead of monthly contracts.

So if anyone can offer any advice or experiences with tkcPhone and/or GizmoProject on the zaurus line, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks!

UPDATE:  Though I definitely have not done what can be considered a success call to PSTN, I was fiddling around with this a bit more and I have since logged into my GizmoPRoject account and noticed that whole bunch of the tests I ran from the Zaurus actually were logged in my Gizmo account.  So it looks like it may be possible after all...seems that TKC phone was able to authenticate anyway even if a real connection was never established...

I'm gonna continue experimentsing, and I also got a Net2Phone account, but I'm gonna fiddle with it a bit more before I buy PSTN time for it...
« Last Edit: October 31, 2005, 03:09:52 am by TsingTao »
[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']SL-5500 (formerly)
C-1000  (Currently)

- PQI 512 MB SD / PQI 1GB CF
- D-Link 660W / Socket 10/100 CF Ethernet / Taurgus 56k Modem
- USB Host Cable / Fellowes USB KB / Folding USB KB / Mini Optical Mouse
- 100v - 240v AC adapter /Semson Battery extender (what's up
   with the screw???)
[/span]

"It's all in the reflexes..." - Jack Burton

ceffyl

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 02:15:09 pm »
A really good thread on setting up VOIP is available on the 6000 forum:
https://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3797

I don't know if it is specific to Gizmo Project or not. However, Gizmo Project uses a SIP phone number, so theoretically you should be able to configure it with TKCphone.

Have you considered trying K/Phone?

Ceffyl
SL-5500 ROM 3.10
SL-6000 ROM 1.12
1 GB SD, 1 GB CF
Targus Universal IR Keyboard

OttoAcuna

• View Profile
    • http://www.recuperacion.net
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2005, 12:23:13 pm »
I know many others have been experimenting with such as VOIP, and I know people have gotten Net2Phone and iConnect to work, but I'd rather stick with companies that offer prepaid plans instead of monthly contracts.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=101319\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

How did It go with Net2phone? I was looking for the same thing!!

Otto Acuña
San Jose, Costa Rica
Otto Acuña
San Jose, Costa Rica

Business User with

SL-5500: TkROM with Ambicom Wi-Fi, AirCable BT, Sandisk Ultra II 512MB CF, Panasonic HiSpeed 256 SD, Battery Pack, Sharp Camera, Retractable Cord and Car Recharge.

SL-C3100: Cacko 1.23, still in the process to customization to own needs.

speculatrix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 07:35:06 am »
I've had success with our VOIP system at work (I used a packet sniffer to capture my cisco IP phone's password :-), I was using the kphone/pi program. It wasn't hugely stable, but I did get reasonable results using bluetooth networking.
Gemini 4G/Wi-Fi owner, formerly zaurus C3100 and 860 owner; also owner of an HTC Doubleshot, a Zaurus-like phone.