Author Topic: CoDi latest firmware help  (Read 1769 times)

rssardis

• View Profile
CoDi latest firmware help
« on: June 10, 2023, 12:57:23 pm »
Hi everyone, I recently got a Cosmo and I've been tinkering with it the past few days, thanks to a lot of very helpful posts here from the community to get me over several hurdles so far.

My current problem that I'm stuck on is my CoDi firmware. I was able to upgrade it to V14 by manually flashing it per Planet's instructions, and it is now operational. However, it doesn't detect any new updates available (just like the Android firmware) and I am under the impression that's due to my Android firmware being stuck on V23. (It also won't find any OTA Android updates, reading through these forums it seems I'm basically screwed? I have emailed Planet a few days ago to see if they would provide me a full V25 download, but I'm not holding my breath).

If I am understanding correctly, my old CoDi firmware would also be the reason why my CoDi is not working (as a trackpad or as a status screen) in Gemian?

All of that said, could anyone provide me with the files needed to manually flash CoDi to the latest version? I did find one link on here to an apparent V16 bin file, however since it didn't come with the resources file like V14 I downloaded from Planet, and I didn't see any other posts from users saying they used that download (successfully or otherwise), I am terrified of flashing that file and bricking my now-working CoDi.

If anyone could provide me any insight into these issues, I would greatly appreciate it!

Dom (shymega)

• View Profile
Re: CoDi latest firmware help
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2023, 01:08:21 pm »
V16 doesn't require a new resources flash.

If you're on V23, you won't be able to update to V25 right now - OTA is down. Just ignore CoDi assistant telling you to update.

Dom (shymega)

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2023, 02:21:59 pm »
Just to clarify, here's what I see from the CoDi OTA server:

Code: [Select]
$ python3 codi_url.py
OSPI:  http://p2w.pripla.com/stm32flash/V1.1.1.16/Cosmo_firmware-stem_ospi2_1_1_1_16.bin
Resources URL:  http://p2w.pripla.com/stm32flash/V1.1.1.14/Cosmo_resource-stem_resource_1_1_1_14.bin

So, basically, CoDi v16 works with the v14 resources (which contains translations, and graphics etc), so you can download the file from the OSPI line above - make sure to put it in internal storage, and this should work.

I hope that helps.

rssardis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2023, 04:58:39 pm »
Thanks! With that information in mind, I flashed the V16 bin file.
It failed at first, so on a whim I decided to move the V14 resources file that I previously flashed into the same directory as I now had the V16 bin. For whatever reason, that seemed to work. It failed flashing V16, but after moving the resources file there, it flashed the resources again, THEN V16 bin successfully. Thanks a lot for your help. If you don't mind me asking another question, now that I am on V16 CoDi, how do I enable the touchpad functionality in KDE? This is probably a silly question, but I'm having a hard time finding anything beyond "V16 adds touchpad support to Gemian" as far as details go on this.

Again, thank you for your help. And for anyone else who comes across this thread, the V16 manual update does work!