Author Topic: Cacko 1.22 And Kismet/wellenreiter  (Read 12590 times)

tux

• View Profile
    • http://
Cacko 1.22 And Kismet/wellenreiter
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2005, 09:39:49 am »

I have some problems with both Kismet and Wellenreiter on my Zs, (SL860 Cacko 122 lite and 5500 with TKC).

With Cacko and my 860 the Kismet packages work fine if I install locally. If I install from the net I end up with the gui icon and an icon for the command line and i just get the 'cannot connect to server' message.

With Wellenreiter on the 860, installed over the net, it claims to be scanning but produces no results.

A working Kismet gives me results. On one occasion, in a shopping mall hotspot, Kismet reported 15 APs! Wellenreiter gave no result whatsoever.

The same lack of success+ with Wellenreiter occurs on my 5500 and the same success with Kismet!

Yes I've read the tutorial and will again, but there must be a short answer somewhere!
3200 aka BigZ, swapped in 16GB Sandisk Extreme III CF, Cacko 1.23 full,  new SDHC >2GB module,
SL860 Cacko 1.23 full, new SDHC >2GB module,
6000L SharpRom 1.12 + Tetsu kernel,
5500 TKC home on SD x 2 (with SD>1GB),
Archos PMA30 with OPEN PMA (Giraffe),
Nokia 770 (Hackers Edition)
Nokia 800 (ITOS 2008), 4GB SDHC x 2
Asus eeepc 4G (black), with 1GB ram, dual boot Xandros on SSD with Ubuntu Lucid Lynx on 16 GB SDHC,
Tmobile G1 Android (black), with Cyanogen's  Firerat's MTD script and Amon Ra Recovery 1.7.0
Tmobile HTC Wildfire.. rooted and on Cyanogen's 7.3 nightly Rom
Kopi/Kapi on everything bar the phone and the Nokias, there is a beta for the nokias...

All the above are retired

Samsung Note 8 N5110
Samsung Note N7105
FBreader on the lot!

stupkid

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2005, 10:46:51 am »
If you are having problems with Kismet or Wellenreiter please state what driver you are using and what driver you configured Kismet or Wellenreiter to use.

Thanks!

Zaurus SL-C3200 pdaXii13v2 5.5 / Ambicom WC1100C-CF / Socket Bluetooth Rev G

OpenMoko FreeRunner - Running Tweaked OM2008.x Image

tux

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2005, 12:21:41 pm »

If you are having problems with Kismet or Wellenreiter please state what driver you are using and what driver you configured Kismet or Wellenreiter to use.

Thanks!
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=73624\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

thanks for the prompt reply stupkid,

On my 5500 I use earlier versions of Kismet and the Kismet-gui and it uses the standard Prism drivers that come with the tkcrom.

I've just started to play with Hentges 3.5.2 rom on my spare 5500. This 'pre-installs' Wellenreiter and I've just run it next to my 860 and it detected it! The configuration claims hostap and I just let it do its own thing.

With Kismet running on my 860 it detects the 5500 when it is probing... no joy with Wellenreiter tho. I'll play a bit more!

When I use the local install on your packages for Kismet I have no problems on my 860. I'm assuming that Cacko defaults to hostap and that the prism drivers that I choose in the Kismet gui are the right ones.  At least it works.

With Wellenreiter I ask it to 'autodetect' and it says it is using the hostap drivers and that the wifi0 device is the correct one.

It doesn't seem to matter whether I plug in my Zonet or my Pretec device.

(As an aside on that, the Zonet cards seem to get and hold wireless connections much more reliably than the Pretec.)

With Wellenreiter I get the same results as reported in another thread, it claims to be scanning but no results show up.

Cheers

(by the way compliments and thanks to you and  Anton for the feed and super Rom!)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2005, 02:02:10 pm by tux »
3200 aka BigZ, swapped in 16GB Sandisk Extreme III CF, Cacko 1.23 full,  new SDHC >2GB module,
Asus eeepc 4G (black), with 1GB ram, dual boot Xandros on SSD with Ubuntu Lucid Lynx on 16 GB SDHC,
Tmobile G1 Android (black), with Cyanogen's  Firerat's MTD script and Amon Ra Recovery 1.7.0
Kopi/Kapi on everything bar the phone and the Nokias, there is a beta for the nokias...

Samsung Note 8 N5110
Samsung Note N7105
FBreader on the lot!

cfchew9238

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2005, 11:43:23 am »
I know it is annoying, but I still need to ask this question because I am very new to Z and Linux:

How to edit the /etc/pcmcia/hostap_cs.conf ? I need to get my Symbol wifi working.

Please advise.

tux

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2005, 02:49:03 pm »

Thanks!
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=73624\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

thanks for the prompt reply stupkid,

On my 5500 I use earlier versions of Kismet and the Kismet-gui and it uses the standard Prism drivers that come with the tkcrom.

I've just started to play with Hentges 3.5.2 rom on my spare 5500. This 'pre-installs' Wellenreiter and I've just run it next to my 860 and it detected it! The configuration claims hostap and I just let it do its own thing.

With Kismet running on my 860 it detects the 5500 when it is probing... no joy with Wellenreiter tho. I'll play a bit more!

When I use the local install on your packages for Kismet I have no problems on my 860. I'm assuming that Cacko defaults to hostap and that the prism drivers that I choose in the Kismet gui are the right ones.  At least it works.

With Wellenreiter I ask it to 'autodetect' and it says it is using the hostap drivers and that the wifi0 device is the correct one.

It doesn't seem to matter whether I plug in my Zonet or my Pretec device.

(As an aside on that, the Zonet cards seem to get and hold wireless connections much more reliably than the Pretec.)

With Wellenreiter I get the same results as reported in another thread, it claims to be scanning but no results show up.

Cheers

(by the way compliments and thanks to you and  Anton for the feed and super Rom!)
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=73635\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

An update: now using Hentges 353 on my 5500... Wellenreiter works well!

But while looking at the configuration of the sniffer on the 5500 I got a hint for Wellenreiter on the Cacko rom with my 860.  I altered the configuration to use eth0 instead of wifi0 and it just started working .....

Samsung Note 8 N5110
Samsung Note N7105
FBreader on the lot!

Stilgar

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2005, 03:39:37 pm »
Okay, I am trying to install kismet-qt.
I've installed kisment and I'm onthe Cacko 1.21b rom for the C3000.
At first I was missing libpcap, installed that without problems.
After that I tried following instructions exactly but could not get kismet to work.
I isolated the problem to this:

--- cardctl scheme qpewlan2
checking: wlan0 hda
message=lnxreq_ifstate
  ifstate=disable
  resultcode=success
./wlan-ng: /sbin/prism2dl: not found
IBSS mode started.: not found
ioctl(): Device or resource busy
Changing scheme from 'CardResume' to 'qpewlan2'...
--- chmod kismet_server
--- kismet_server
--- kismet_client (Port 2501): try 1
Will drop privs to zaurus (500) gid 500
No specific sources given to be enabled, all will be enabled.
Enabling channel hopping.
Enabling channel splitting.
Source 0 (hostap): Enabling monitor mode for hostap source interface wlan0 channel 6...
FATAL: Failed to retrieve list of private ioctls 95:Operation not supported

This is a kismet_server error.
I am using the latest kernel - 18a. Did any of you stumble upon it?