Author Topic: Is Your Z "dead" After Trying To Install Pdaxrom?  (Read 37196 times)

ZDevil

• View Profile
    • http://
Is Your Z "dead" After Trying To Install Pdaxrom?
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2007, 07:00:42 pm »
Quote from: adf
Quote from: adf
Quote from: ZDevil
To boot into the uboot emergency mode, you need to press [OK] when booting starts.

But to install debian, I recommend having the whole rootfs ready before installing uboot and the kernel, because uboot cannot handle ext3 and will freeze when accessing the internal drive or CF.
I kinda got the last part-But I had preessed ok--it scrolled a bunch o stff then came to a prompt. isn't that what iti is supposed to do?

Anyway, If i can mke uboot do anything but cause to restore my Nand (3x this morning and counting) I was planning to install the taraball to a 1 G CF, then see about doing someinthing with my internal drive
Am I supposed to include a kernel or something on the card I install Uboot from?

Uboot and the kernel are separate and they use two totally different sets of files to install. If the installation of uboot is successful and can boot into the uboot emergency mode, i think it's better to remove all the uboot files from the card (say, a SD) and put only the autoboot.sh and the kernel.img on it and then run /mnt/card/autoboot.sh to flash the kernel. This applies to both pdaXrom and debian eabi (yonggun kernel).
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 07:00:58 pm by ZDevil »

Life is too precious for hacking *too much*
Visit my Z screencap gallery[/color]
My EeePC 701 Black = Debian (Lenny) on IceRocks + Transcend SDHC Class6 8GB + 2GB RAM
My Zaurus SL-C3200 = Debian EABI (kernel 2.6.24.3-yonggun) on a swapped internal Sandisk Extreme III CF 16gb
My Debian EABI feed: http://matrixmen.free.fr/zaurus/debian/
My OpenBSD/Zaurus feeds:  Link1, Link2
[/i][/font][/color][/size]

gmad

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2007, 04:39:43 pm »
This is better place to my ask, so I ask again....
Hello everybody!
I made something wrong with my Zaurus SL-C1000. I tried to install U-boot, but I didn't erase NAND before. After U-boot installation of course everything was wrong. I went to Service menu to NAND restore and I did it using Trisoft NAND Backup for my Z. After reboot everything was wrong. On forum someone told me, that I should to erase Nand before restoring. I tried to do it, but during NAND erase process I have communicate:

erasing...1
Bad Block Num = 128

ERROR! Too many bad.
code=(201)

During restore process I have communicate:

Restore...failed
format error

Now My Zaurus is broken at all. Have you got any idea what to do now?  I will be very appreciate for help.

Capn_Fish

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2007, 05:42:59 pm »
Try doing a NAND restore without the NAND erase, if you haven't already. That's what I have done in the past, and it seems to work.
SL-C750- pdaXrom beta 1 (mostly unused)
Current distro: Gentoo