Author Topic: Netboot OpenEmbedded on a PXIe chassis from National Instruments  (Read 2924 times)

falcn

• View Profile
Netboot OpenEmbedded on a PXIe chassis from National Instruments
« on: December 13, 2019, 04:49:30 pm »
I'm a Linux newbie, and new here to the forum as well, so I hope I don't anger anyone with asking basic questions

I am attempting to configure (or attempting to learn to configure, step 1) our National Instruments PXIe-8840QC system that is running what is purportedly OpenEmbedded Linux with the Preempt-RT patch to Netboot with a Linux Server that I have demonstrated and gotten working with CentOS for Netbooting NUC with the help of a coworker.

I'm having trouble trying to figure out how to capture or build the initramfs .img file that I need to reference on the Server.

I have found a folder on the system labeled ./lib/modules/4.14.87-rt49-cg-7.0.0f0-x64-189-build/include/config/intramfs  when I do a find for initramfs - but there is not an .img file in the  /boot folder like I have been used to seeing.

Anyone have any insight to impart on building the initramfs~.img file from my existing Linux system?

Dracut is not installed - I have seen this tool referenced on CentOS/RHEL for building an initramfs file.

I'm sure I am not providing enough information - so let me know what info you need and I will try to get it.  Also - feel free to tell me a better place to go ask this question

Regards,
Ryan
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 07:50:37 pm by falcn »