Author Topic: Text editor for Android?  (Read 3750 times)

Varti

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Text editor for Android?
« on: September 06, 2020, 09:52:50 am »
Can anybody recommend an adware and in-app buys free text editor for the Gemini/Cosmo for Android? It would be great if it supports copy and paste via Ctrl-C/V.

Thanks
Varti
Planet Gemini PDA WiFi/LTE with Mediatek x27
SL-C1000 running Arch Linux ARM May2017, K30225 Wi-Fi CF Card, 64GB SDXC card
and many other Zauruses!

Montypants

• View Profile
Re: Text editor for Android?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2020, 04:09:01 pm »
I wanted something like you ate describing and have settled on Joplin.

Not perfect but not far off - being an Evernote replacement, and able to backup to my dropbox, its advantages outweigh its shortcomings for me.

Varti

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2020, 02:51:16 am »
Thanks for the tip, I have taken a look at Joplin, but it doesn't seem to be able to directly open and save plain txt files, you have to convert them first into the Emex format with an external app.

Varti
Planet Gemini PDA WiFi/LTE with Mediatek x27
SL-C1000 running Arch Linux ARM May2017, K30225 Wi-Fi CF Card, 64GB SDXC card
and many other Zauruses!

spook

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 05:06:45 am »
Hey Varti. Have you tried the text editor that comes in the amazing file explorer Mixplorer: https://labs.xda-developers.com/store/app/com.mixplorer? The file explorer itself is awesome - but it also has an embedded text editor that is really good! I was using Jota before that, but I uninstalled it and now just use the one that comes with Mixplorer. And yes, it supports Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C, Ctrl-X and Ctrl-V :)

spook

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2020, 05:14:28 am »

Montypants

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2020, 02:03:00 am »
Hey Varti. Have you tried the text editor that comes in the amazing file explorer Mixplorer: https://labs.xda-developers.com/store/app/com.mixplorer? The file explorer itself is awesome - but it also has an embedded text editor that is really good! I was using Jota before that, but I uninstalled it and now just use the one that comes with Mixplorer. And yes, it supports Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C, Ctrl-X and Ctrl-V :)

Hey! What an awesome bit of software!  I did not know about it. But it has got to be one of the best things I've seen - thanks.

spook

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2020, 07:13:36 pm »
Hey! What an awesome bit of software!  I did not know about it. But it has got to be one of the best things I've seen - thanks.

I know right!?!? Sometimes you just come across an app and think "Man! That's how apps are supposed to be!"