Author Topic: Old Timer Checking back in  (Read 8435 times)

Da_Blitz

• View Profile
    • http://www.pocketnix.org
Old Timer Checking back in
« on: February 17, 2018, 12:54:58 pm »
Hi

It has been many years but after looking further into the technical information around the gemini i found that not only is oesf.org back up and running, but it seems to  be the center for a lot of gemini discussion

For those who don't remember me, i (attempted) to kick off the pocket penguin (gemini like and beyond my skill level) and posted continuously (Looks like i am still in the top #10 highest posters)

The last couple of years has seen me compiling bleeding edge linux kernels and patching them to get kernel.org/Mainline kernels running on chromebooks and documenting this where appropriate. I plan to do similar things for the gemini.

Looking forward to getting everything working.
Personal Blog
Code
Twitter

Gemini Order: #95 (roughly)
Current Device: Samsung Chromebook Gen 3
Current Arm Devices Count: ~30
Looking to acquire: Cavium Thunder X2 Hardware

Varti

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 01:20:01 pm »
Hi Da_Blitz and welcome back!

Glad to see some old users coming back here, we have already some returning ex-Zaurus users who are now waiting for their Gemini. OESF was indeed not much maintained for some years, now things are getting better and we're still aiming at serving the community of Linux portable devices. I remember your Pocket Penguin project; after the Zaurus' demise we were all waiting for a worthwhile replacement device. Personally, I still use my Zaurus but I have finally found the Gemini to be a valid successor to both my Z and my old phone.

Great to hear about your work on the Linux kernel, as you might have already seen there's a thread discussing the Gemini kernel's upstream support: https://www.oesf.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=34744 .

Varti
Planet Gemini PDA WiFi/LTE with Mediatek x27
SL-C1000 running Arch Linux ARM May2017, K30225 Wi-Fi CF Card, 64GB SDXC card
and many other Zauruses!

speculatrix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 03:01:30 pm »
Welcome back.
I've been working with a small team of dedicated Linux hackers trying to get Linux to run on the Toshiba Click Mini. It's a BayTrail device and the kernel needs a bunch of patches to make it work stably.
Gemini 4G/Wi-Fi owner, formerly zaurus C3100 and 860 owner; also owner of an HTC Doubleshot, a Zaurus-like phone.