Author Topic: Pdaxii-akita5.3 Pdaxii13-config On Desktop  (Read 2211 times)

Jon_J

• View Profile
    • http://
Pdaxii-akita5.3 Pdaxii13-config On Desktop
« on: February 10, 2007, 11:35:37 am »
This handy little tool allows you to adjust settings for pdaxii13.
One of the main features, is that it lets you switch between loading openbox or Rox.
It opens Leafpad to make the changes, so you must have Leafpad installed.
Leafpad is installed by default in all pdaxii13 versions, that I know of.
This little tool isn't available on the GUI in the akita version, although the binary is /usr/bin/ pdaxcfg
If you just create this desktop file and place it into /usr/share/applications/ and point it to an icon, you'll have a desktop icon to launch this handy little tool. Substitute an icon for the one listed, because that icon is one I modified.
Code: [Select]
[Desktop Entry]
Name=Pdaxii13 Config
Comment=Pdaxii13 Config
Exec=pdaxcfg
Terminal=0
Type=Application
Icon=mbdesktop48.png
Categories=Application;SystemSettings
StartupNotify=True
SingleInstance=False
EDIT, opps, I forgot the name of the .desktop file.
Name the .desktop file "pdaxcfg.desktop"

EDIT: Notice I edited the title to this thread, look in 3rd post for USB mount/unmount icons for the taskbar.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 04:30:52 pm by Jon_J »
C3100 Multiboot-->Angstrom 2007.12-r18 | Cacko 1.23 | ArchLinuxARM
C3200 pdaxii13v2-5.5-alpha4 Akita on NAND

Ambicom WL1100C-CF Wifi - Ambicom CF modem - Ambicom CF GPS - Belkin-F5D5050 USB LAN
Socket CF Bluetooth rev K - Iogear 4 port USB micro hub - pocket CF card reader
Targus mini USB optical mouse - 2 Targus SD card readers

radiochickenwax

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 01:44:28 pm »
I'd like to use this file to make different window manager configurations.  Right now, I'm running xfce4-panel instead of matchbox-panel and xfce4-desktop instead of ROX, but I had to change the xinitrc file to make this happen.  

I'm not really sure what's going on in the /etc/rc.d/ scripts but I'm trying kinda hard to find out. I think this file (/home/root/Choices/pdaxii13.conf) should offer more configuration, but I don't quite understand where it's being called from.

I'm basically trying to run fluxbox instead of openbox, but this doesn't seem to work very well on 3200 for me at all in either pdaxii13 or the standard pdaxrom beta3.   I even went so far as to recompile the source, but no improvement yet.

For the record, fluxbox runs great on my 6000 (tosa) with pdaxrom beta1.  I could bootup straight into flux in about 30 seconds, whereas on the 3200 beta3 distributions, it takes maybe 5+ minutes, yet  openbox loads up right away... or.. at least a lot faster.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 01:53:04 pm by radiochickenwax »
ZAURII:    sl-6000 : (temporarily) bricked pdaxrom b1   ||   sl-c3200 : yonggun/Debian-EABI
OTHERS:  htc-excalibur,  axim x5,  ipaq 4355, (still trying to find useable linux setups)
thinking about gumstix to replace/augment zaurus

Jon_J

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 10:05:16 pm »
I've been tweaking my pdaxii13-akita5.3 setup and decided to check and see if I could place icons in that little spot in the mb-applet-cards icon.
You know, it's the small icon on the taskbar where you unmount your CF/SD cards.
In the Akita version, the bottom spot is missing 2 icon files and has a small red x where these 2 icons are supposed to be.
I attached them here and they go in /usr/share/pixmaps/
Since the forum renames them, go ahead and rename the one that looks like a bare hard drive to "usb_mount.png"
Rename the other one that looks like the USB logo to "usb_unmount.png"

Once you copy these to the above directory, you should see the results as in the screenshots.
I restarted X, but you may not need to restart X
(I just usually restart when changing things like this)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 10:15:34 pm by Jon_J »
C3100 Multiboot-->Angstrom 2007.12-r18 | Cacko 1.23 | ArchLinuxARM
C3200 pdaxii13v2-5.5-alpha4 Akita on NAND

Ambicom WL1100C-CF Wifi - Ambicom CF modem - Ambicom CF GPS - Belkin-F5D5050 USB LAN
Socket CF Bluetooth rev K - Iogear 4 port USB micro hub - pocket CF card reader
Targus mini USB optical mouse - 2 Targus SD card readers

daniel3000

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 04:56:21 am »
Hi guys,

I have adapted these USB mount icons to the others (using these green and red balls for mounted and unmounted).

And while I'm talking about it: I have patched the mb-applet-cards so that after clicking the mounted card / USB field and after successful unmounting of USB or the cards, a message appears "You can now remove device XY".

The new icons and the mb-applet-cards (remove .txt extension, make it executable and copy it to /usr/bin/) are attached.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 04:59:42 am by daniel3000 »
SL-C3200 with weeXpc, based on pdaXrom 1.1.0beta3
HP 200LX with MS-DOS 5.0

Meanie

• View Profile
    • http://www.users.on.net/~hluc/myZaurus/
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 09:14:18 am »
Hi guys,

I have adapted these USB mount icons to the others (using these green and red balls for mounted and unmounted).

And while I'm talking about it: I have patched the mb-applet-cards so that after clicking the mounted card / USB field and after successful unmounting of USB or the cards, a message appears "You can now remove device XY".

The new icons and the mb-applet-cards (remove .txt extension, make it executable and copy it to /usr/bin/) are attached.

[ Invalid Attachment ]   [ Invalid Attachment ]   [ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]   [ Invalid Attachment ]
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=153951\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

cool, i'll roll this into pdaXii13 build 5.3.1
SL-C3000 - pdaXii13 build5.4.9 (based on pdaXrom beta3) / SL-C3100 - Sharp ROM 1.02 JP (heavily customised)
Netgear MA701 CF, SanDisk ConnectPlus CF, Socket Bluetooth CF, 4GB Kingston CF,  4GB pqi SD, 4GB ChoiceOnly SD, 2GB SanDisk SD USB Plus, 1GB SanDisk USB Plus, 1GB Transcend SD, 2GB SanDisk MicroSD with SD adaptor, Piel Frama Leather Case, GoldX 5-in-1 USB cable, USB hub, USB mouse, USB keyboard, USB ethernet, USB HDD, many other USB accessories...
(Zaurus SL-C3000 owner since March 14. 2005, Zaurus SL-C3100 owner since September 21. 2005)
http://members.iinet.net.au/~wyso/myZaurus - zBook3K