Author Topic: bricked my cosmo?  (Read 17571 times)

Bstard

• View Profile
bricked my cosmo?
« on: February 23, 2020, 01:50:27 pm »
Hi,
I flashed my cosmo with the cosmo custom os installer and all was well...
Today I noticed that only speaker phone was working or headset, not the build in speakers. so I did a hard reset, but no improvement.. after that I started fooling around with images.. yes very stupid!
now I can't boot into android. (image missing) can boot into recovery, twrp or fastboot. in recovery/twrp it says cant mount system and in fastboot the device won't unlock flashing..
please help this stupid.... I'm stuck

Zarhan

• View Profile
bricked my cosmo?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2020, 03:05:46 pm »
Quote from: Bstard
Hi,
I flashed my cosmo with the cosmo custom os installer and all was well...
Today I noticed that only speaker phone was working or headset, not the build in speakers. so I did a hard reset, but no improvement.. after that I started fooling around with images.. yes very stupid!
now I can't boot into android. (image missing) can boot into recovery, twrp or fastboot. in recovery/twrp it says cant mount system and in fastboot the device won't unlock flashing..
please help this stupid.... I'm stuck

I would recommend:

Grab scatterfile from here: https://www.oesf.org/forum/index.php?showto...st&p=292916
Grab full images from here: https://www.oesf.org/forum/index.php?showto...st&p=294205
Grab SP Flashtool from https://spflashtool.com/

And restore your device. If you are using Windows, you need to install Google's USB drivers first.

Bstard

• View Profile
bricked my cosmo?
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2020, 02:29:31 am »
TNX!
got me in the right direction! but another dumb question:
when I load the scatterfile not all the locations are filled.. do I fill them manually with the *.img files?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 02:38:28 am by Bstard »

Zarhan

• View Profile
bricked my cosmo?
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2020, 03:48:23 am »
Quote from: Bstard
got me in the right direction! but another dumb question:
when I load the scatterfile not all the locations are filled.. do I fill them manually with the *.img files?

To be honest, I have no idea. I have never tried this myself

Zarhan

• View Profile
bricked my cosmo?
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2020, 04:13:10 am »
Oh, if nothing else: Make a full backup (using readback function) of the SPFlashtool before you start doing anything else. If you overwrite your NVRAM portion by accident you are really bricking your device since that contains your IMEI codes and other data that are needed for device to function.

You can find the readback instructions in the thread I already linked.

Bstard

• View Profile
bricked my cosmo?
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2020, 07:29:35 am »
Quote from: Zarhan
Oh, if nothing else: Make a full backup (using readback function) of the SPFlashtool before you start doing anything else. If you overwrite your NVRAM portion by accident you are really bricking your device since that contains your IMEI codes and other data that are needed for device to function.

You can find the readback instructions in the thread I already linked.
tnx, did that, but that's the only thing I can do with spflash tool.. doesn't seem to write to device

ltuzinsky

• View Profile
broken cosmo
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2022, 04:59:48 am »
I'm a beginner when it comes to cosmo communicator, I made a mistake, I wanted to have pure linux gemian on the device and I deleted the Android partition in the gparted program, now I have a non-functional expensive brick from the device. >:(

spa

• View Profile
    • ssipa's Tips & Freeware for Full Key Board Device
Re: bricked my cosmo?
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2022, 05:11:00 am »
You may be able to recover in this way.

https://www.oesf.org/forum/index.php?topic=36448.0