Author Topic: 1.1.0r121 Is Out!  (Read 53602 times)

scoutme

• View Profile
1.1.0r121 Is Out!
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2006, 09:44:35 pm »
Are you asking this so I can debug it... I will work on that... it is a keymapping issue... I am working on the issue now... I did all the steps above and the ctrl+c is the only issue I had... I will look into it...

Late
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=142500\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

thanks
I wanted to make these bugs arise, since it looks not a lot of 860 users are trying the release and posting bugs.

InSearchOf

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://
1.1.0r121 Is Out!
« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2006, 10:15:56 pm »
Does suspend work for you guys?

When I try to suspend the device by pressing the on/off button, the unit suspends, but then immediately turns on!

It suspends for as long as I press the button...
[div align=\"right\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Just tested... and yes it doesnt that under the shell (console)... But under X it is fine...

Post a bug under the [a href=\"http://www.pdaxrom.org/bugtracker]Bug Tracker[/url] and someone will either get to it... if I will look into it in my free time... I got like 3-4 bugs ahead of this one...

I'm not trying to be a hassle telling everyone to post bugs... I just would like everything documented... so that I wont have to search to figure out "What did so and so say about  this and that... and what thread was it under... and which page was it on"

Late
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 10:17:39 pm by InSearchOf »
Sharp Zaurus SL-C3100 and SL-6000L
pdaXrom Developer
Please visit pdaXrom.org for updates
My Blog
IRC #pdaxrom @ FreeNode

himchen

• View Profile
1.1.0r121 Is Out!
« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2006, 03:25:36 am »
Hi,

as I said: no problems so far (I'm still searching for the right mouse button, FN+"mouse click" does not work??).

Concerning charging:
I unplugged power and after a few seconds the icon changed from green "charging" to blue "battery indicator". After a few seconds I plugged power again and the charging light went on plus the icon changed to green "charging" again.
Charging works fine now. Charging lamp goes off when full which was not the case in Beta1.

All I did on installation was:

- install new u-boot
- install new release
- install rox, gnumeric, kdepimpi, planner, vim and all depending packages
- change desktop to rox
- applied bugfix to get brightness-keys to work (see https://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=20563 for details)

[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=142352\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Do the date/time settings survive a reboot and is the hwclock command included?
Beta4 always resets the time to the epoch on reboot.

Himchen

InSearchOf

• Administrator
    • View Profile
1.1.0r121 Is Out!
« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2006, 10:45:50 am »
Hi,

as I said: no problems so far (I'm still searching for the right mouse button, FN+"mouse click" does not work??).

Concerning charging:
I unplugged power and after a few seconds the icon changed from green "charging" to blue "battery indicator". After a few seconds I plugged power again and the charging light went on plus the icon changed to green "charging" again.
Charging works fine now. Charging lamp goes off when full which was not the case in Beta1.

All I did on installation was:

- install new u-boot
- install new release
- install rox, gnumeric, kdepimpi, planner, vim and all depending packages
- change desktop to rox
- applied bugfix to get brightness-keys to work (see https://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=20563 for details)

[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=142352\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Do the date/time settings survive a reboot and is the hwclock command included?
Beta4 always resets the time to the epoch on reboot.

Himchen
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=142517\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

That issue has been fixed....

Late
pdaXrom Developer
My Blog
IRC #pdaxrom @ FreeNode

scheck.r

• View Profile
1.1.0r121 Is Out!
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2006, 10:57:40 am »
ok... with the spectrum wifi card... it registers as eth0...
so try this...
**eth0.up**
Code: [Select]
#!/bin/sh
ifconfig eth0 up
iwconfig eth0 essid airlinkplus mode managed
dhcpcd
sleep 5
ifconfig eth0

# sh eth0.up

Oh and note... you don't need to run both scripts only 1 or the other... in this case run the one I have above...

After that runs when ifconfig should show you your ip! Surf away!

Late
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=142498\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
Thank you for the help but it still blinks without connecting for about 1 minute then  It's returning
# sh eth0.up
eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:A0:F8:A0:19:D9  
          BROADCAST NOTRAILERS MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 b)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)
          Interrupt:137
SL-C1000 from PriceJapan(cheap and very fast shipping) with EA-70 power adapter, iRiver USB Host cable, PDAIR case, pentopia stylus, ultra clear screen-protector from shop.brando.com.hk only $3 for shipping worldwide
4GB Hitachi Microdrive, 1GB Kingston Elite Pro CF, 4GB Transcend 150x SD, Symbol Spectrum 4137 CF WiFi(low power)
PdaXrom pdaxii13 5.4.9 updated with Kkazakov13's feed. I owned a SL-6000L before

InSearchOf

• Administrator
    • View Profile
1.1.0r121 Is Out!
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2006, 10:58:54 am »
What channel are you using?

Late
pdaXrom Developer
My Blog
IRC #pdaxrom @ FreeNode

scheck.r

• View Profile
1.1.0r121 Is Out!
« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2006, 11:05:19 am »
What channel are you using?

Late
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=142561\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
I use channel 11 on the router
SL-C1000 from PriceJapan(cheap and very fast shipping) with EA-70 power adapter, iRiver USB Host cable, PDAIR case, pentopia stylus, ultra clear screen-protector from shop.brando.com.hk only $3 for shipping worldwide
4GB Hitachi Microdrive, 1GB Kingston Elite Pro CF, 4GB Transcend 150x SD, Symbol Spectrum 4137 CF WiFi(low power)
PdaXrom pdaxii13 5.4.9 updated with Kkazakov13's feed. I owned a SL-6000L before

scheck.r

• View Profile
1.1.0r121 Is Out!
« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2006, 12:08:22 pm »
CARD APPLET:
My SD card has 2 partitions(vfat and ext2)
Both are mounted automatically on insert, no problem.
But the card applet only unmounts 1 partition, so that if I click on the applet, remove the card and suspend then the Z freezes needing a hard-reset.
On insert
# mount
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
/dev/root on / type jffs2 (rw)
none on /proc type proc (rw)
none on /sys type sysfs (rw)
none on /dev type ramfs (rw)
none on /dev/pts type devpts (rw)
none on /var/run type ramfs (rw)
/dev/mmcblk0p2 on /mnt/mmcblk0p2 (7) type ext2 (rw,nogrpid)
/dev/mmcblk0p1 on /mnt/card type vfat (rw,nosuid,nodev,fmask=0033,dmask=0033,codepage=cp437,iocharset=utf8)
After clicking on the card applet
# mount
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
/dev/root on / type jffs2 (rw)
none on /proc type proc (rw)
none on /sys type sysfs (rw)
none on /dev type ramfs (rw)
none on /dev/pts type devpts (rw)
none on /var/run type ramfs (rw)
/dev/mmcblk0p2 on /mnt/mmcblk0p2 (7) type ext2 (rw,nogrpid)
Here is my /etc/fstab:
/dev/mtdblock2    /      jffs2    rw  1  1
/dev/hda1    /mnt/cf  auto    noauto,owner    0  0
/dev/mmcblk0p1  /mnt/card    auto    noauto,owner    0  0
none  /dev/pts    devpts    gid=5,mode=620    0  0
proc  /proc  proc    defaults    0  0

solighten

• View Profile
1.1.0r121 Is Out!
« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2006, 08:16:48 am »
ok, now try this:

open Aterm
write "xterm" and enter
try to write something in xterm - if you see strange characters that's a problem
press CTRL+C in Aterm to close xterm - if you see strange characters instead of xterm closing, that's a problem
now exit from X (menu, exit, ok)
try to press "a" - if you cannot enter the "a" character, that's a problem

Let me know
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=142438\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

can you try these lines? fast and useful...
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=142499\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Hi scoutme,

you are right. Not everything is 100%. There is still a configuration issue in xterm and the annoying keyboard problem after exit from X.
You con use "FN"-"a" to enter the "a" character in console.
Seems I got used to the smaller problems - I don't even notice them anymore  

Jan
SL-C860 - PdaXrom 1.1.0r197
2GB SD XStore 2GB CF SanDisk
Wlan D-Link DCF 660W

Martin

• View Profile
1.1.0r121 Is Out!
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2006, 10:57:12 am »
Hi scoutsme, Hi Sash, Hi Laze, Hi everyone :-)

I am willing to test the new release and I will be very happy to do it, but I have the same problems with installing u-boot ... reading Howto install, many threads of the forum :-(

But evrytime the same problems with my c860 and many different CF / SD Cards :-( ... only getting blinking yellow / green lights and nothing happens ... NAND Backup / Restore with these cards works well!

I am really sad because I love pdaXrom ... now remaining to Beta2 for works very fine ... using NAND restore ...

C+M Menu gives me Ok usinf NAND erase and Nand Full Testing, but no possibility to install u-boot and new pdaxrom r121 ...

Does anybody have an idea to help me install for testing? Any chance to get a NANDbackup from fresh installed c860 (with u-boot and r121)?

THX
Martin
--------------------------------------------------------
sl-c860 /w pdaXrom 1.1.0 Kathrin r121
CF 1GB , SD 2GB + 1GB + 512MB , MMC 512MB
Netgear MA701 WLAN 801b
Asus WL-HDD2.5 (very nice thing) /w 60 GB
PC/Notebook SuSE 10.1 Prof. / KDE3.5.4
VDR /w KnoppMyth R5C7 (/w Myth 0.19)
--------------------------------------(August 2006)---

Andmann

• View Profile
1.1.0r121 Is Out!
« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2006, 01:55:48 pm »
ok... with the spectrum wifi card... it registers as eth0...
so try this...

**eth0.up**
#!/bin/sh
ifconfig eth0 up
iwconfig eth0 essid airlinkplus mode managed
dhcpcd
sleep 5
ifconfig eth0

# sh eth0.up

Oh and note... you don't need to run both scripts only 1 or the other... in this case run the one I have above...

After that runs when ifconfig should show you your ip! Surf away!

Late
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=142498\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Hi,
With this script and the firmware update posted earlier. I now have my c1000 online.
Great news!!..

I do have one question though, what the command for it to find "any" wireless AP, not just the ones where I know the essid.

Thanks again Late.

Andmann
C1000 running pdaXrom R198 SP8.
1G Kingston Ultimate 133x SD
256M Kingston SD
Ambicom WL1100C Wifi
Symbol 802.11b Wifi

newkirk

• View Profile
    • http://myzaur.us
1.1.0r121 Is Out!
« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2006, 03:46:40 pm »
Hi scoutsme, Hi Sash, Hi Laze, Hi everyone :-)

I am willing to test the new release and I will be very happy to do it, but I have the same problems with installing u-boot ... reading Howto install, many threads of the forum :-(

But evrytime the same problems with my c860 and many different CF / SD Cards :-( ... only getting blinking yellow / green lights and nothing happens ... NAND Backup / Restore with these cards works well!

I am really sad because I love pdaXrom ... now remaining to Beta2 for works very fine ... using NAND restore ...

C+M Menu gives me Ok usinf NAND erase and Nand Full Testing, but no possibility to install u-boot and new pdaxrom r121 ...

Does anybody have an idea to help me install for testing? Any chance to get a NANDbackup from fresh installed c860 (with u-boot and r121)?

THX
Martin
[div align=\"right\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
Here's what worked out with my C860:

Put uboot files on cf.  remove power and battery, replace both.  Hold down 'ok' while booting, and it installs uboot.  It says it's rebooting, and fails to do so.

The unit will now no longer turn on, power on with 'ok' pressed etc dead, plug in power and power light stays off.

Put 121 ROM files on CF and slot in.  Remove power and battery.  Hold down 'OK' and plug in power, KEEP 'OK' held down for 12 seconds, and emergency rom fires up, offers to 'install or boot emergency - y/n' (this should either NOT be 'y/n' or question should be reworded).  Press 'y' and it installs 121 ROM successfully.  When it reboots, pull power cord, reinstert battery.

Normal power-on now boots 121 ROM.

Just in case someone wants to try on a C860 and can't get this working, you are welcome to try the NAND backup I just made after installing and booting.  I told it to recalibrate touchscreen after restart, shut down, and backed up, so it should boot fine and require calibration if you restore this NAND backup on a C860.  [a href=\"http://myzaur.us/pdaxr121c860bak.tar.gz]http://myzaur.us/pdaxr121c860bak.tar.gz[/url]

j
newkirk @ myzaur.us
pdaxrom @ newkirk.us
SL-5600, SL-C860
Socket & Ambicom WiFis
Billionton bluetooth
Lexar 256mb CF & SD

Martin

• View Profile
1.1.0r121 Is Out!
« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2006, 10:12:43 am »
Hi Newkirk,

THX very much ... with some modifications I get u-boot and pdaXrom r121 to flash and it works great :-) ... now it's tim to test ...

I will give some hints for flashing later ... together with some error / problems report :-)

THX
Martin
sl-c860 /w pdaXrom 1.1.0 Kathrin r121
CF 1GB , SD 2GB + 1GB + 512MB , MMC 512MB
Netgear MA701 WLAN 801b
Asus WL-HDD2.5 (very nice thing) /w 60 GB
PC/Notebook SuSE 10.1 Prof. / KDE3.5.4
VDR /w KnoppMyth R5C7 (/w Myth 0.19)
--------------------------------------(August 2006)---

iczer3

• View Profile
1.1.0r121 Is Out!
« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2006, 11:30:43 pm »
Dear InSearchOf,

I have made further investigation on r121 with 860. If you do
cat /proc/apm  most of the time it shows 5% and battery critical.
But, on some rare cases, the battery is on 45% which is correct.
When the battery is at 45% and I insert charger the battery will charge.
When the battery is at 5% (most of the time) and I insert charger it
will not charge.

BR,

Felix.

kellyharding

• View Profile
    • http://www.geekgothgrrl.co.uk
1.1.0r121 Is Out!
« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2006, 07:41:07 pm »
Just in case someone wants to try on a C860 and can't get this working, you are welcome to try the NAND backup I just made after installing and booting.  I told it to recalibrate touchscreen after restart, shut down, and backed up, so it should boot fine and require calibration if you restore this NAND backup on a C860.  http://myzaur.us/pdaxr121c860bak.tar.gz

j
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=142733\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Tried your NAND backup, but it wouldn't flash for me  got some kind of format error?

Kelly
SL-C860: cacko 1.23(currently pdaxii3 to test)
1Gb SD, 2Gb CF, various 512Mb SD and CF cards, Socket LP wifi, Socket Rev F Bluetooth. 2Gb SD and 4Gb CF on order.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
PC: Athlon64 3000+ with XP/SimplyMepis
Mac: G4 Quicksilver 733 with OS X.4.9
Laptop: iBook G4 (2005) 1.42Ghz, OS X 4.9
Server: Dual PIII/500 with Debian 'etch'