Author Topic: Help Needed: Corrupted /etc/passwd  (Read 6684 times)

fourier

• View Profile
Help Needed: Corrupted /etc/passwd
« on: December 03, 2016, 05:38:06 am »
Hi all,

I have pdaXii13.
I've tried to change the shell on a default user (root) and edited the /etc/passwd
It seems after reboot the system could not access/parse this file. So I cannot do anything to restore it..
I've tried to boot from SD card to recover it, but I don't know what to mount. I've used default partitioning scheme.
What could possibly be done to edit /etc/passwd now? Which device should I mount and how from recovery console (when booting from SD card where I have installation files for pdaXii13).

Device is Zaurus C3000.

Varti

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 11:34:31 am »
Try to mount the root filesystem which is in /dev/mtdblock2 , a reference post is [a href=\'index.php?showtopic=0\']here[/a]. I have tried to find a more detailed information on the partition table in NAND, but I only found a post detailing the C3200 one, which seem to differ from the ones on all the other models.

Varti
Planet Gemini PDA WiFi/LTE with Mediatek x27
SL-C1000 running Arch Linux ARM May2017, K30225 Wi-Fi CF Card, 64GB SDXC card
and many other Zauruses!

Varti

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 08:29:17 pm »
Quote from: Varti
Try to mount the root filesystem which is in /dev/mtdblock2 , a reference post is [a href=\'index.php?showtopic=0\']here[/a]. I have tried to find a more detailed information on the partition table in NAND, but I only found a post detailing the C3200 one, which seem to differ from the ones on all the other models.
This is a test post, there seem to be problems by other users in replying to this thread.

Varti
Planet Gemini PDA WiFi/LTE with Mediatek x27
SL-C1000 running Arch Linux ARM May2017, K30225 Wi-Fi CF Card, 64GB SDXC card
and many other Zauruses!