Author Topic: Cacko Rom 1.23 For C1000 Progress  (Read 55152 times)

TsingTao

• View Profile
Cacko Rom 1.23 For C1000 Progress
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2005, 04:49:09 pm »
I'd just love to scream out

FORGET BLUETOOTH I DON'T CARE ABOUT BLUETOOTH OR SOME SERIAL DRIVER
JUST RELEASE THE BLINKIN' ROM ALREADY AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

But that wouldn't be very tactful now would it ?  

Sigh...

As eager as I am to check out what many people feel is one of the best breeds of Zaurus rom, I gotta say...

Take your time my man.  It's your project, and I know you want to do a good job on it (not to mention that you probably have a complete and  time-demanding life totally outside your Zaurus endeavors), so do it however you want.  And Thank you for sharing it and your hard work with the rest of us!

Besides, the reason everyone likes your previous efforts so much is probably because you put so much time and work into them.  No reason to change that!

So thanks again!

(Thanks also for the update!)
[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']SL-5500 (formerly)
C-1000  (Currently)

- PQI 512 MB SD / PQI 1GB CF
- D-Link 660W / Socket 10/100 CF Ethernet / Taurgus 56k Modem
- USB Host Cable / Fellowes USB KB / Folding USB KB / Mini Optical Mouse
- 100v - 240v AC adapter /Semson Battery extender (what's up
   with the screw???)
[/span]

"It's all in the reflexes..." - Jack Burton

mmhere123456

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2005, 05:41:46 pm »
I have some good news. I was able to borrow a C3100 device for a few days. This was enough to add support for it to the upcoming Cacko 1.23 ROM. I currently have both devices sitting near me running new ROM. 

The release is only a few days away, stay tuned...
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=92178\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I have a C3100 and am a software developer at my day job.  If it would help you, I'd be very interested in beta testing your C1000/C3100 ROM.  Can you point me to an image?

martinbogo

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2005, 02:03:03 am »
Maslovsky,

You'll find that the serial_cs driver will cause lockups without the changes Sharp implemented.  There's some tweaky interrupt problems, which is why people have been seeing lockups when they try to use CF modems and the like.   I'm currently working on getting sound support more stable with 2.6.12 on C3100, and ran into the same problems.  

Ah, the joys of driver development.  

I'm glad you're giving some attention to the blueZ stack and drivers.  Although, I can't say I'm very surprised that particular card didn't work.   They have a lot of revs of the card, and not every one of the cards has the correct manID/prodID, so it's not so much that the driver doesn't work, as that the probe fails when it hits a wierd manufacturer ID.

I've managed to slide a Hitachi 6Gb CF microdrive into my C3100, and things seem pretty stable so far.  Power drain is about the same as the 4Gb drive.  I'm looking forward to when SanDisk releases final production samples of the 6Gb silicon compact flash card.   FAR less power consumption, and of course being solid state .. it's audibly -and- electrically silent.

Mind giving an overview of the upgrades, changes, and cool things you've added into the latest greatest upcoming cacko C3100/C3000/C1000 rom?

-Martin

There a few issues that I need to clear before I can release the ROM. It's been reported that Billionton bluetooth card is not working on C3100. Also I need to find out if serial_cs driver without Sharp changes works properly.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=93664\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

MONVMENTVM

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2005, 03:54:22 am »
it also would be an idea to release the rom as is... so you have more time without stress releasing a patch for the bluetooth issue. i think that not a lot of people will need bluetooth. and the few who need bluetooth could stay on their sharp rom or whatever until bluetooth works on cacko.
Device: Zaurus C3100
OS: testing pda[span style=\'font-size:13pt;line-height:100%\']X[/span]rom beta4
Window Manager: Xfce4 + ROX Desktop and Filer
WLAN: D-Link DCF-660W
Memory: Kingston 512MB SD
Creative Wired Remote modified to work as CE-RH2

TRIsoft

• View Profile
    • http://www.trisoft.de
« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2005, 04:32:39 am »
Hi all,

...i think that not a lot of people will need bluetooth. and the few who need bluetooth could stay on their sharp rom...[div align=\"right\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

as far as we see it now, it's not a "Bluetooth only" and a Cacko issue.
It looks like the communication with serial CF cards (BT, GPS, Modem)
is buggy with the SL-C3100. For more info check this topic:
[a href=\"https://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=14663]https://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=14663[/url]

And this problem actually exists with the original SHARP Rom. We were
able to reproduce the Bluetooth problem with the latest Cacko beta, so
we hope that Maslovsky will find out what the problem is.

///TRIsoft

Marc Stephan

albertr

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2005, 09:22:11 am »
Also I need to find out if serial_cs driver without Sharp changes works properly.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=93664\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

It does. Did you get my PM last week about modified serial driver? I've included   serial_cs in the tarball as well.
-albertr

albertr

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2005, 09:29:44 am »
You'll find that the serial_cs driver will cause lockups without the changes Sharp implemented.  There's some tweaky interrupt problems, which is why people have been seeing lockups when they try to use CF modems and the like.

Umm, and what exactly causes these "lockups"? Any technical details?

I'm using "de-sharped" serial driver with OX950-based serial CF card for a few months now and haven't experienced any "lockups"
-albertr

maslovsky

• View Profile
    • http://my-zaurus.narod.ru
« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2005, 01:07:59 am »
Also I need to find out if serial_cs driver without Sharp changes works properly.

It does. Did you get my PM last week about modified serial driver? I've included   serial_cs in the tarball as well.
-albertr
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=93754\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Yes, albert, I've got your tarball and I'm planing to try your driver. The problem is that I've also have a few patches (to support unususal baud rates, such as 1000000, needed for some bluetooth cards) applied to the serial.c, so I need to get them merged into your code.

maslovsky

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2005, 01:22:07 am »
Maslovsky,

You'll find that the serial_cs driver will cause lockups without the changes Sharp implemented.  There's some tweaky interrupt problems, which is why people have been seeing lockups when they try to use CF modems and the like.   I'm currently working on getting sound support more stable with 2.6.12 on C3100, and ran into the same problems. 

Well, I suspected that Sharp did their ugly changes in the driver on purpose  I have no idea what they were trying to accomplish, but I think using default driver might cause problems with some devices and in some situations.

I'm glad you're giving some attention to the blueZ stack and drivers.  Although, I can't say I'm very surprised that particular card didn't work.   They have a lot of revs of the card, and not every one of the cards has the correct manID/prodID, so it's not so much that the driver doesn't work, as that the probe fails when it hits a wierd manufacturer ID.

That's why I'm getting that card soon (thanks to trisoft) to test. I'm hoping that the problem will be obvious.

I've managed to slide a Hitachi 6Gb CF microdrive into my C3100, and things seem pretty stable so far.  Power drain is about the same as the 4Gb drive.  I'm looking forward to when SanDisk releases final production samples of the 6Gb silicon compact flash card.   FAR less power consumption, and of course being solid state .. it's audibly -and- electrically silent.

Sharp needs to make seconds CF clot removable, just like the first one. That will make Zaurus so flexible.

Mind giving an overview of the upgrades, changes, and cool things you've added into the latest greatest upcoming cacko C3100/C3000/C1000 rom?

There are not so many changes, it's basicaly a port of 1.22 to the new devices, but I will post current readme later (I just don' have it handy).

maslovsky

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 31, 2005, 01:29:13 am »
BTW, Andy (aka iamasmith) has already contacted me recently regarding 1.23 support to C3000. This means that C3000 should be supported sooon after C1000 and C3100 ROM version is released

flyguy

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 02, 2005, 04:28:47 pm »
Please release!!!!!!!!

willgan

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 02, 2005, 11:44:07 pm »
please release it...... i need to try it on my C1000..
My Current Z...

Zaurus C1000 - Pdaxii13
Using Pdaxrom-builder (SVN) for building packages

Ragnorok

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2005, 11:57:17 pm »
- Spiffy.
- All the flakiness I'm having with my Socket WiFi & Ambicom BT is getting a tad old.  Sounds like Cacko may remedy some of that, and run in English at least a little "more" natively, so the net configuration gui won't toss the while unit into "kanji mode" like the Sharp ROM does, even after "conversion".  Frustrating, that, on top of the other weirdness.
- I'll be giving this one a whirl as soon as it's out.  Last try with pdaXrom just wasn't as fluffy as I'd have preferred, nor with tetsu's kernel by its lonesome.  But I'll try it.  That's what backups are for, right?  (drool)
- Good to hear things are coming along pretty evenly.  Rock on...
| I shed a tear for the passing of Hiroshi; he served me well
| Zaurus zealot since Nov 2002, PDA user since Oct 1991
| Replaced Z with UMID BZ February 2010

maslovsky

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2005, 05:47:14 pm »
Be patient, guys, I never release unfinished work

whaq

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 03, 2005, 11:48:58 pm »
Be patient, guys, I never release unfinished work
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=94418\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Maybe you can share your current schedule\time table or any updates...?
I believe this is the reason of the current sentiments:

I have some good news. I was able to borrow a C3100 device for a few days. This was enough to add support for it to the upcoming Cacko 1.23 ROM. I currently have both devices sitting near me running new ROM.

The release is only a few days away, stay tuned...

It also seems reasonable to make a current RC \ BETA release leaving out serial\bluetooth capabilities to those interested so we can test the rest of the OS, not having to wait for the buggy code subset?