Author Topic: fast 6000 kernel, along with special libsdl  (Read 92419 times)

trichmon

• View Profile
fast 6000 kernel, along with special libsdl
« Reply #195 on: June 06, 2006, 04:43:27 pm »
Well so far the tetsu kernel seems to be really good.  I installed it and the modules ipk i found on his webpage, and the battery applet linked off page listed in the first post in this thread.  I have not found glx gears anyplace so I can test but I have used a stop watch and opened opera.  The difference between the highest setting and the lowest setting is about 1 sec.  Not scientific but thats what I have .  

Also all the extra kernel modules I have installed (for usb ethernet etc) seem to work as does bluetooth with my bluetooth cf card.  Im tweaking my video setup to see if it is better with the new kernel.
SL-6000l running pdaXrom RC12 icewm + rox
Targus keyboard
Trendnet cf 10/100 ethernet
Linksys CF wireless
Sandisk 256mb SD card
Lexar 1gig SD card
SL-5500 running zynergy rom

AeroSigma

• View Profile
fast 6000 kernel, along with special libsdl
« Reply #196 on: July 14, 2008, 07:25:24 pm »
I've got Tetsu's kernel too (from the site, just like trichmon), and when overcolocked, it is faster.  I downloaded a pretty hefty video, and it runs noticably smoother when over clocked.  PS, I've downloaded the qclockchange applet as well.  It works great, but make sure it's executed as root (hold the stylus on the icon to get the menu.)

I was wondering, does anyone have a copy of the libsdl that guylhem mentions in the first post?  I'd like to try it out with the hardware buttons for SNES, but of course, externe.net is down.

Thanks,
AeroSigma
SL-6000L - Sharp ROM
Tetsu's Kernel