OESF Portables Forum

Everything Else => Model Specific Forums => Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums => Archived Forums => Sharp PC-Z1 NetWalker => Topic started by: ptoki on July 22, 2011, 12:11:51 pm

Title: Jaunty Repository Gone?
Post by: ptoki on July 22, 2011, 12:11:51 pm
I tried to install rrdtools and got some 404 errors.
After checking whats up, I found that on ports.ubuntu.com and on archive.ubuntu.com jaunty repo is missing.
What happened?
Where I can find complete repo for jaunty?
Title: Jaunty Repository Gone?
Post by: ptoki on July 22, 2011, 04:43:35 pm
Quote from: ptoki
I tried to install rrdtools and got some 404 errors.
After checking whats up, I found that on ports.ubuntu.com and on archive.ubuntu.com jaunty repo is missing.
What happened?
Where I can find complete repo for jaunty?
OK. Panicked a bit.
http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ (http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/) does the trick.
Title: Jaunty Repository Gone?
Post by: RX Shorty on August 01, 2011, 03:57:43 am
Heh had the same problem about that time.

Oh maybe handy for you:

http://linux.automation.dn.ua/forum/viewto...?f=17&t=288 (http://linux.automation.dn.ua/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=288)

The Efika kernel (newer) on the Netwalker
Title: Jaunty Repository Gone?
Post by: ArchiMark on March 26, 2012, 02:25:27 pm
Quote from: RX Shorty
Heh had the same problem about that time.

Oh maybe handy for you:

http://linux.automation.dn.ua/forum/viewto...?f=17&t=288 (http://linux.automation.dn.ua/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=288)

The Efika kernel (newer) on the Netwalker

I know that this was posted some time ago....but thought I'd ask if anyone tried this?

Also, what is benefit of this newer kernel versus the one that Sharp provided?

Thanks,

Mark
Title: Jaunty Repository Gone?
Post by: RX Shorty on May 14, 2012, 06:19:18 pm
Well the efika device runs ubuntu 10.10...
Still didnt try any other kernels or software on the netwalker.

I want a updated and stripped OS, as Ubuntu is slow...
Title: Jaunty Repository Gone?
Post by: propofol on June 17, 2012, 01:25:06 pm
Quote from: RX Shorty
Well the efika device runs ubuntu 10.10...
Still didnt try any other kernels or software on the netwalker.

I want a updated and stripped OS, as Ubuntu is slow...

So do I. I am still using my netwalker daily however an updated kernel & repositories would be nice.

Regards,
Stefan
Title: Jaunty Repository Gone?
Post by: sdjf on June 17, 2012, 11:52:44 pm
What kind of processor does the netwalker have?  I have noticed some stuff in the archlinuxarm repository for sharp and wondered what it was for.

ArchLinux is about as bare bones as you can get, no GUI, just minimal commandline, you have to decide what you want to install and have Pacman do the work or compile yourself.
Title: Jaunty Repository Gone?
Post by: RX Shorty on June 18, 2012, 03:30:36 pm
Hey sdjf,

I know Arch that is a nice distro.
The Netwalker has a:Freescale i.MX515, 800Mhz

Is there also img available for the Netwalker?

Thanks!
Title: Jaunty Repository Gone?
Post by: Adam12 on August 25, 2012, 04:10:05 pm
Quote from: propofol
Quote from: RX Shorty
Well the efika device runs ubuntu 10.10...
Still didnt try any other kernels or software on the netwalker.

I want a updated and stripped OS, as Ubuntu is slow...

So do I. I am still using my netwalker daily however an updated kernel & repositories would be nice.

Regards,
Stefan

I've only ever seen sources. If someone's used the ubuntu kernel build process to actually make those patches, can they post the resulting .deb here?