Author Topic: Community issue tracker & wiki  (Read 2192 times)

ZimbiX

• View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/ZimbiX
Community issue tracker & wiki
« on: March 01, 2023, 08:50:46 am »
Community issue tracker

We now have a GitHub repository for use as an unofficial public issue tracker for Planet Computers devices, thanks to @shymega. If you encounter a bug, please make sure it's filed here so we can have one place to keep track of outstanding problems and avoid duplication. OESF and the other chat groups are still valuable as a place for ideas, questions, discussions, etc., and device-specific issues or if you're not sure whether something also affects others enough to be filed as an issue.

Community wiki

The GitHub repo also includes a community-maintained wiki for Planet devices. Planet Computers' support wiki still has no mention of the Astro Slide, so this is the place to go for that kind of information. Notably, the wiki includes a guide for how to root the Astro Slide. Further contributions more than welcome! If you're not comfortable with using Git to edit/add documents, you can do so in the browser.

@Varti Can this topic be pinned please? 🙂

Varti

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Community issue tracker & wiki
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2023, 07:34:44 am »
@Varti Can this topic be pinned please? 🙂
Done, and thanks to shymega for his effort in setting this up. A public issue tracker was requested by many users back when the Gemini was released, and a wiki is a welcome addition too.

Varti
« Last Edit: March 02, 2023, 11:04:24 am by Varti »
Planet Gemini PDA WiFi/LTE with Mediatek x27
SL-C1000 running Arch Linux ARM May2017, K30225 Wi-Fi CF Card, 64GB SDXC card
and many other Zauruses!

gidds

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2023, 09:11:57 am »
Is there any place for discussing the wiki pages?

For example, some of the instructions on the rooting page aren't very clear to me — and I can't improve them via a PR if I don't understand them!
   Andy/
Psion 3a → Psion 5 → Psion 5mx → Gemini → Astro

ZimbiX

• View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/ZimbiX
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2023, 02:47:38 pm »
Is there any place for discussing the wiki pages?

For example, some of the instructions on the rooting page aren't very clear to me — and I can't improve them via a PR if I don't understand them!

Good question. I'm sorry to hear something in there's unclear - please do open an issue on the wiki PRs repo