Author Topic: Dead screen  (Read 1722 times)

RageVector

• View Profile
Dead screen
« on: May 07, 2023, 04:03:29 am »
My device now has a dead screen (totally blank)
I need to recover some data from it.
Qs

1: HDMI Out - is there a non planet com USB C to HDMI cable that works? , is it DP Alt mode? MHL? something else that is astro slide specific ( I did have an HDMI - USB-C from planet com but I cannot find it, and I have little faith in their ordering system)
2: Which side do I connect the USB C cable to ? lhs or RHS?

I don't have dev mode or USB C debugging set on the device ( I did initially but did a full reset on it after initial fiddling when I got it and forgot to switch this back on)

Is there any way to force access to this thing?
I just want to get some photos off of it from my recent holiday.

ZimbiX

• View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/ZimbiX
Re: Dead screen
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2023, 04:36:36 am »
Sorry to hear that.

The HDMI support is custom, so no standard adapter will work. I've heard mention of DisplayLink adapters working, but don't know what's involved in setting that up. Maybe you can find someone local to borrow a Planet adapter from?

Any idea if touch still works? If so, you could enable USB debugging by tapping in just the right places.

If all else fails, you could take a full image of the device with SP Flash Tool. Then once your device is repaired/replaced, (after taking the same backup of the new one) restore this to it. Though I believe that would work, best you only restore it temporarily, as I believe it contains device-specific data like the IMEI.

RageVector

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2023, 05:51:35 pm »
sp flash tool... could you point me or just wave me in the general direction of a trusted source for this.

also... if possible could some one screen grab the steps to ...
1. share the phone storage via usb
2. get it into developer mode so i can use adb

i might be able to guess the rougn positions where to stab the screen as the touch screen seems to work.
i also havd ordered the usb c to hdmi adapter from planet com... fingers crossed.

i really just want toget some whats app video offmy phone following a safari.
screen died before i could get the last videos sent.

loop

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2023, 11:44:22 am »
It might be easier to operate the device with the keyboard.