OESF Portal | OESF Forum | OESF Wiki | LinuxPDA | #planetgemini chat on matrix.org | #gemini-pda chat on Freenode | #zaurus and #alarmz chat on Freenode | ELSI (coming soon) | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HDMI and VGA output, problem to connect to external monitor
Joern
post Jun 14 2018, 01:29 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 818,967

I was not yet successful to get my Gemini connected to external monitors or projectors. I bought the original HDMI and VGA cables, but there is no video signal output. In the display controls of the Android control centre, you can only switch HDMI output on and off. Even in the on posiiton, there is no signal output. For VGA, I have not found any controls. Do I need a specific app to enable video signal output?

The USB port works, however. I have no problems with external USB storage devices.

Joern
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mithrandir
post Jun 14 2018, 01:50 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 815,997

QUOTE(Joern @ Jun 14 2018, 01:29 AM) *
I was not yet successful to get my Gemini connected to external monitors or projectors. I bought the original HDMI and VGA cables, but there is no video signal output. In the display controls of the Android control centre, you can only switch HDMI output on and off. Even in the on posiiton, there is no signal output. For VGA, I have not found any controls. Do I need a specific app to enable video signal output?

The USB port works, however. I have no problems with external USB storage devices.

Joern

Hi Joern,
using the original HDMI cable with Android I instantly got HDMI output after connecting it. Did not have to perform any additional settings. For this test a LG TV has been used. Have not tried a HDMI to VGA adapter yet. With Linux I did not get HDMI output.

Mith

+Quote Post
post Aug 11 2018, 04:57 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 815,735

I think yours is like mine defective because I have not been able to get mine to work either.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th April 2020 - 05:35 PM